Hawaii Five-0: Pilot TV Show  » TV  »
  • The beginning of their rapport is probably the best thing about the pilot episode
  • I liked this much more than I thought I would
  • I know, though, I'm not going to be thrilled with the level of gore, violence, language, and sex, even though the pilot wasn't as bad as it could have been in that respect

• by Orrymain

Hawaii Five-0’s pilot episode from September 2010 is designed to introduce us to the new team. This is not a replica of the Jack Lord series; it’s a re-think. It’s very important to go into this series with an open mind. If you are determined to expect Lord’s McGarrett, this show will disappoint.

There is the same music, only with a twist; there is the same type of opening, only with a twist; there is the

same beautiful island shots, thankfully without any twists; and there is the same idea for a hot shot team, but with a lot of twists and differences. For example, characters have changes genders, Steve knew Chin Ho in high school, and Danny is a divorced father who moved to Hawaii to be to spend time with his daughter.

Steve meeting Danny was superb; it was exciting, tense, and humorous, all at the same time. The beginning of ...

• their rapport is probably the best thing about the pilot episode.

We see the office not yet set up so it’s really the formation of everything that we get.

To be honest, I was surprised. I liked this much more than I thought I would. I know, though, I’m not going to be thrilled with the level of gore, violence, language, and sex, even though the pilot wasn’t as bad as it could have been in that respect.

I’m

most excited about Grace Park who plays Kona Kalakaua. This is a male to female switch in character, and she’s a surfer gal to boot. She has chemistry with both Steve and Danny that could be acted upon but would be better if it didn’t. Park has had a series of action in her past, from Stargate SG-1 to Battlestar Galactica and The Cleaner. Playing a cop should be a piece of cake for her.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103101283460431/k2311a103/10.3.10