Surviving the Cut: Navy EOD TV Show  » TV  »
  • The cameras frequently have to shut off to avoid showing either classified equipment or procedures
  • I also enjoyed this hour because it was the series of missions and not just a weeding out process which we've seen so much of
  • I'd really like more detail, but this is the real thing and I believe there's only so much the military would allow to be shown, so we have to be happy with what we have
  • It's just amazing what these soldiers go through to be the best of the best

• by Orrymain

I definitely enjoy the Surviving the Cut. It educates the everyday viewer about the military elite and all that they have to do to get there. Well, not all because actually some of it is classified. The cameras frequently have to shut off to avoid showing either classified equipment or procedures. This hour focused on the: Navy EOD Final Certification course.

The Navy EOD is more exactly known as the Navy

Explosive Ordnance Disposal. These are the bomb experts, the specialists trained for and allowed to work on special operations where explosives are part of the equation.

The hour focused on the final test before soldiers are approved. It covers five very long days of non stop missions, none of which are easy. What makes it tough is that this is an all or nothing equation, meaning the entire team passes or fails ...

• together, so one man does make all the difference.

The team viewers followed were comprised of 8 soldiers and it covered just 4 days as I recall. I really loved the setup, how it was scenario after scenario. It was much better than an action movie.

I also enjoyed this hour because it was the series of missions and not just a weeding out process which we’ve seen so much of. It is

also very exciting to see the plans put into place and see the real equipment used in special situations.

I’d really like more detail, but this is the real thing and I believe there’s only so much the military would allow to be shown, so we have to be happy with what we have.

I love the inside the look. It’s just amazing what these soldiers go through to be the best of the best.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103101283450431/k2311a103/10.3.10