Project Runway: Race to the Finish TV Show  » TV  »
  • She's way over confident and I think perhaps her intelligence gets in the way of her design aesthetic
  • One of the things I've noticed in just about every episode this season is that we hear more of the designers talking among themselves during the runway shows
  • I'm not sure that I agree with the decision, but Ivy is out, mostly for her all blue attire

• by Orrymain

Project Runway: Race to the Finish had a challenge that involved L’oreal makeup, specifically eye shadow duos. The challenge was attached to a word like ‘bright’ or ‘velvet’ and it was to be a high fashion runway look.

As often happens so it shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone, halfway through the sewing, host Tim Gunn tells

the designers that they also have to make a companion piece, one that is ready to wear.

What made the challenge super special was that the winner would receive $20,000 which is a huge first on the show.

Of the designers, Gretchen is still so talented, but she has to get off the diva train. She doesn’t own colors, for example. She’s way over confident and I think perhaps her intelligence gets in the way of her design aesthetic.

One of the things I’ve noticed in just about every episode this season is that we hear more of the designers talking among themselves during the runway shows. They compliment one another frequently, among other ...

• Project Runway: Race to the Finish TV Show
      things. I suppose this is because of the expanded time slot this year on Lifetime, but it sure stands out.

Mondo won the prize with a really out there couture look and a lovely ready to wear that was slimming. I really liked the ready to wear piece, which was a delightful black and white number.

It was so well done.

For the elimination, it came down to Valerie and Ivy, both of whom have had issues throughout the series. I’m not sure that I agree with the decision, but Ivy is out, mostly for her all blue attire. I think the judges were lost in blue. It was definitely bright.

Trey Clough says :

I agree This is absolutely one of my favorite shows.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103101283440431/k2311a103/10.3.10