Hellcats: Nobody Loves Me But My Mother TV Show  » TV  »
  • She's a user interfering in her daughter's life, and the thing is, Marti loves her and keeps hoping for the best, but things never quite get there

• by Orrymain

Nobody Loves Me But My Mother is the fourth outing for this new CW series called Hellcats. This one starts out with sneakiness and romance both. We have no morals Alice (Heather Hemmens) taking video of the competing cheerleading team, followed by Lewis (Robbie Jones) asking Marti (Alyson Michalka) out.

Teryl Rothery recurs as Savannah’s mother, Mrs. Monroe, which I was happy to see. In this case, she, her husband, and Savannah’s sister come across Savannah just as

she has kissed Dan Patch. This leads to a scene where Dan is very straight with the cheerleader, telling her that while he hasn’t dated anyone else recently that he reserves the right to. I really loved this conversation from his point of view because it was honest and forthright. I wasn’t so sure how Savannah really felt about it, but it made me like the Dan character more. As for Rothery, she looks great.

• It does take some doing to get used to her with a southern accent, though.

The dinner scene at the Monroes was dynamite and was my favorite scene of the night. It shows the complexities of coming from a Christian home and yet moving out into a secular world, which is what Savannah has done. Played by Ashley Tisdale, Savannah is on the verge of stealing this series from Michalka.

I still do not like Gail O’Grady’s character at all.

She plays Marti’s mom, and I’ve yet to see anything redeeming about her. She’s a user interfering in her daughter’s life, and the thing is, Marti loves her and keeps hoping for the best, but things never quite get there. They have another clash in the middle of this show that makes me cringe and reinforces my dislike of the mom.

It was another very good show. I’m actually quite surprised that I’m enjoying it so much, but I am.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103101282780331/k2311a103/10.3.10