Pine Mountain Vacation  » Travel  »
Pine Mountain, GA
  • I loved the little country stores that offered everything from cookbooks to homemade candies
  • The area is so untouched that it gave me a little bit of hope

• by reviewqueenb
      Pine Mountain is nestled in central Georgia, but you would never know it after arriving there. When I arrived, I was bombarded with every kind of ‘mom and pop’ restaurant and quaint antique store that I could have ever wished for.

From time to time, I get

tired of chain stores and restaurants, so I really appreciated the authenticity that this little area had to offer (with almost no chain establishments whatsoever).

The stereotypical Georgia, with its blazing heat and miserable humidity, seemed to melt away into cool, breezy hills and mountaintops.

Everywhere I looked ...

• I was surrounded with natural beauty.

I loved the little country stores that offered everything from cookbooks to homemade candies.

It felt like stepping back in time one hundred years.

The area is so untouched that it gave me a little bit of hope.

It made me feel

that perhaps one day we would learn to preserve beautiful areas in their natural state as best we can so that future generations can enjoy them as well.

My visit to Pine Mountain was a very peaceful and relaxing one.

It was a nice break from the usual, fast paced vacations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381502128220228/k2311a0215/2.15.07