Sally Hansen instant cuticle remover  » Health  »
  • It does, however, do an amazing job of dissolving that rough, dead cuticle skin that you get when you do a lot of housecleaning
  • I would not even think of changing my brand of cuticle remover and I’d recommend it to ladies of all ages

• by reviewabit

When my cuticles need some grooming I always have this product on hand. Sally Hansen’s Instant Cuticle Remover is a clear gel formula that comes in a small, neat plastic bottle that’s perfect for your purse, cosmetic bag, or medicine cabinet. Along with a good manicure stick, a file, my hand cream and cuticle oil, this is all I need to get my hands into great shape.

I first tried it when I was a teen and was first learning how to do my own manicures. My mom used it, and guided me the first few times I tried it.

You might

think from reading the directions that it was a really strong chemical that would eat your hands off if you weren’t careful– it reads “do not leave on for more than one minute”– but I have never found it to be that extreme. It does, however, do an amazing job of dissolving that rough, dead cuticle skin that you get when you do a lot of housecleaning! The directions advise applying it around the nail and cuticle, then using the stick to remove dead skin, then rinsing it off immediately and thoroughly with warm soapy water.

I’ve always left it on probably a little ...

• longer than they intend, but I have never had any ill effects from this. It seems to work best for me if my hands are moist or have been recently wet.

It is much faster and more effective than using a cuticle trimmer, which can be painful if you are not careful, and still leave you with dry, dead skin hanging around. Whenever I finish cleaning my cuticles with this product, I feel my as if my hands have been professionally groomed.

A light coating of clear nail polish and they look, fresh, young, neat and tidy. Sally Hansen has been a trusted

brand for me and my family for many years.

I would not even think of changing my brand of cuticle remover and I’d recommend it to ladies of all ages. Just be sure you are careful with your implements and rinse your fingers well after using.

I’m not sure what if anything would happen if you didn’t, but I wouldn’t chance it. I would imagine it could cause some irritation, especially if you have very sensitive or broken skin, so you should probably use with caution if you tend to have chemical skin sensitivities.

Otherwise, it should be a reliable, safe and effective product for you.

Sally Hansen instant cuticle remover

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342101282090931/k2311a102/10.2.10