Kodak Easy Share C190 Camera
  • However, the store was sold out of that particular make and model and I happened to notice this one was about $10 cheaper so I decided to take a chance on it instead
  • And, for the most part, I don’t regret that purchase
  • One of the main ones I like is the fact I can use this as a video camera
  • But, I was still pretty impressed with this one
  • If you are looking for a digital camera, don’t want to spend more than $100 on one and still want something that gives you quality, this is one I would definitely recommend purchasing

• by Review Vigilante

Last Christmas, my wife bought me a camera she had found in one of her Avon catalogs. The description made that camera seem nice and, with an $80 price tag, we assumed it was at least a decent enough camera. However, after getting it and trying it out, we both quickly discovered it was a piece of crap. I lived with it for several months.

But, we have two young kids and was getting frustrated with the fact the camera wasn’t working whenever I wanted to photograph something they were doing so I ended up deciding to buy myself an early birthday present and wound up purchasing the Kodak Easy Share C190 camera. This was not my first choice of camera. I actually had another one in mind when I went into the store.

notice this one was about $10 cheaper so I decided to take a chance on it instead. And, for the most part, I don’t regret that purchase. I’m not a huge fan of the fact I have to buy batteries for this particular make and model of camera; something I wouldn’t have had to do with the other one (because the battery was built in).

But, overall, I do like most of the features that come with it. One of the main ones I like is the fact I can use this as a video camera. I could do the same with the one I replaced with it.

But, that one only gave me a limited amount of time to record. This one allows me to record much longer videos; something that is good because it means my family who can’t see the girls on a regular basis can still ...

• share in some parts of their lives. The camera I got at Christmas didn’t give me the option to zoom so any camera that had that feature would be an upgrade.

But, I was still pretty impressed with this one. When I first got it, I took a picture of a chipmunk that was on the other side of my yard and, from the picture, you would think I was standing much closer than I really was. In terms of overall picture quality, I can’t complain.

It isn’t as good as some other cameras I have seen and even tried. But, considering this was a camera that cost me less than $100, I do feel the quality exceeds my expectations for that price range. This is especially true of action shots (as I said, I have two kids who do a lot of things).

In the past, those would almost

always be blurry. But, with this camera, I’ve been able to take quite a few pictures of my kids running around, dancing, etc. and have not had one shot that wasn’t crystal clear.

I also do appreciate the compact size of this camera. It was a bit awkward at first because it was much smaller than I thought it would be. But, after I got used to it, I did appreciate the fact it was small enough to fit in my glove box or just about anywhere I wanted to store it.

It is also small enough for one of my daughters to use without any difficulty; something that I know she likes because she is becoming one heck of a photographer at her age. If you are looking for a digital camera, don’t want to spend more than $100 on one and still want something that gives you quality, this is one I would definitely recommend purchasing.

Andrea says :

Worst camera I have ever tried to use. No manual. One in ten pictures is worth printing.
    You can’t go back and capture life, because your camera sucks. Cant always tell on the Screen if the picture is good. Get home put them on the computer, blurry one after the other.
    Have to make sure it is on the right setting, life doesnt stand still while you adjust your camera to different settings to see which one is the right one. This was a gift. But I have said a hundred times how much I hate this camera. Vacation over pictures very disappointing. Looking for a new camera
    Throwing this one in the trash where it belongs. My old 3 meg point and shoot took better pics.

Jules Li says :

Sorry you’re having so many problems with it. I know you mentioned the lack of a manual. I just wanted to provide a tip and let you know that the manual is available on Kodak.com. It includes detailed instructions there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432101282000931/k2311a102/10.2.10