Smashbox Jet Set Water-Proof Eye Liner
2.0
  • I noticed my eyes too ordinary and loose in the pictures
  • This brings me to another issue on longevity
  • Despite its quality and amazing formula, I did not like this eye liner

• by mimi tricks

Prior to learning about another type of liquid eye makeup, I was used to having a ink-type liquid eye liner. I was more accustomed to this kind of liquid type eye makeup except when it feels dark on my skin. The kind of brand that I got was also fast consuming and like many of the complains I have read online, liquid eyeliner in pencil-form applicator dries quickly and you will end up buying another one after several days. I have searched brands which manufactures liquid eye liner but it does not come with an applicator. This brand was sold in some Beauty Bar outlets and have become increasingly popular.

There are six shades of this category and obviously all have dark shades. The color

“teal” which is the shade dark blue green is the newly released. I have tried all six colors and I have tested them in separate occasions. But I have been using often bronze and black since they are the most used colors. I have criticism of all the colors because this is essence of this makeup. Let me start with their “midnight black”. This is the constant choice of everybody. There is something I did not like about the quality because it was not midnight black compared to how they call the shade. When you apply it in your eyelids, the color looks black but when somebody describes it in your eyes, there is no emphasis that is brought about by its color. I noticed my
      eyes too ordinary and loose in the pictures. Their shade of black is not deep but just looks like charcoal shade. Another darker shades were “bronze” and “dark brown”. The latter has a shade of a dry leaf. It was extremely frustrating because it lightens up too while using it in your eye lids. It did not enhance my eyes when I was wearing it. Their “bronze” shade was better but it sparkles and looks like rust in the skin. There is “midnight purple” which really is violet and “teal” which is green but the type of shade is not eye-enhancing. Only “navy blue” was darker and was better than other colors except the traditional black and brown. In all colors, I was frustrated with ...

• Smashbox Jet Set Water-Proof Eye Liner
      their black shade. There was no benefit that you can get because the color is pale and the worst part is that it subsides after several hours. This brings me to another issue on longevity.

Your eyeliner should compliment your mascara because these two eye makeup are the reason why your eyes will have a dramatic effect. That means it should both remain intact and perform in the same quality in terms of color and longevity. I was lucky that the mascara I was wearing at that time was exceptionally strong and rich in black shade. It maintained the look I wanted but not quite because this eyeliner has a pale shade of black.

I would like to praise the formula because it is

in gel form. The product does not come in pencil-from applicator and you need another eye liner brush to apply it. This is easy to apply because it is not sticky and very smooth in the skin.

This is also water-proof and it stays intact despite being exposed to liquids like tears or water.

Despite its quality and amazing formula, I did not like this eye liner. I thought the gel form sets it apart. True, it does. In fact I never experienced convenience in applying eyeliner like this brand. But I did not feel the color in my eyes. My purpose when I wear this eye makeup is to underline my eyes to make it appear beautiful. Colors are weak with this eye liner. It is not good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312101281970831/k2311a102/10.2.10