Michelina’s Macaroni & Cheese with Ham
  • I was however still disappointed with the amount of ham spread about this frozen meal
  • Even still though, it was worth a dollar and it was definitely something different, so I was able to enjoy the frozen meal, to an extent, and I may still purchase it again, even though I do feel that there are aspects of it that could stand some improvement

• by CirclingCanvas

Michelina’s Macaroni & Cheese with Ham is something that is mildly satisfying to have for lunch or to have as a side dish with dinner. I was skeptical at first as to whether or not I was going to like this combination of macaroni and cheese and ham all together when I first purchased this frozen meal, but my doubts were alleviated when I gave this combination creation from Michelina’s a try.

The macaroni and cheese is pretty tasty, as the cheddar cheese sauce had a good flavor to it.

The cheddar cheese sauce could

have been a bit thicker though as the consistency of the sauce was a little on the thin side.

As for elbow macaroni, it was tender and there was a decent amount of elbow macaroni in the package, so it could be filling if eaten for lunch, but it also works as a filling side dish to a dinner meal, too.

Now, as for the ham, I do think the ham helped to enhance the overall flavor of this macaroni & cheese meal.

The ham didn’t taste like it was coated with honey or anything like ...

• that, but it still had a good, mild flavor to it.

I do wish though that there were more pieces of cut up ham among the elbow macaroni as the pieces of ham did seem to be kind of scarce.

The pieces were generally large, but still easily manageable where the pieces didn’t need to be cut up.

I was however still disappointed with the amount of ham spread about this frozen meal.

The ham was tender though, fortunately.

If Michelina’s Macaroni & Cheese with Ham would’ve contained more slices of ham and came with

a thicker and creamier cheddar cheese sauce, I would’ve been pretty happy with it, but since it’s lacking in two important areas in my view, it’s more of just an average frozen meal that could have been better.

Even still though, it was worth a dollar and it was definitely something different, so I was able to enjoy the frozen meal, to an extent, and I may still purchase it again, even though I do feel that there are aspects of it that could stand some improvement.

I’m going to rate this frozen meal from Michelina’s a “6″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272101281760831/k2311a102/10.2.10