Knorr Sinigang Sa Sampaloc Mix (Knorr Sour Broth in Tamarind Mix)
  • The main ingredient that makes this dish complete is either tamarind, native lemon, kamias, raw mango, santol or whatever sour fruit that could give delicious sour taste to the soup

• by ladyli

I have always been an advocate of anything natural so as much as possible I do buy products made of all natural ingredients. This is the reason why I only buy Knorr brand when it comes to my Sinigang mix. Sinigang (Sour Broth) is actually a famous and well-favored dish in most Filipino homes.

The main ingredient that makes this dish complete is either tamarind, native lemon, kamias, raw mango, santol or whatever sour fruit that could give delicious sour taste to the soup. Knorr Sinigang

mix is the answer to the need of every Filipino home who loves Sinigang.

It comes in variants but my favorite one is Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix. Sampaloc is tamarind in English and this is actually the most popular sinigang ingredient.

Using tamarind the traditional way is somewhat messy. You have to boil the tamarinds and then let it cool before your can mash the tamarinds to extract the sour juice.

Now I am so glad that Knorr has made it easier for me. I can ...

• now rest from the messy and complicated procedure.

I just have to pour a sachet of Knorr Singang sa Sampaloc mix into the boiling pot of sinigang dish and presto my sinigang is already complete and ready to eat. It is not in anyway inferior in taste.

In fact it tastes just as good and just as natural. I also noted that the sourness of the sinigang is good up to the last bite so there is really no difference at all with the sinigang made out

of the traditional method.

This is because this Knorr Sinigang Mix is made of real and natural ingredients also. This is perfect in either beef, pork, chicken, or fish sinigang.

My family loves tuna belly sinigang and we want it very sour so we add more Knorr mix into our sinigang. This comes in sachets of various sizes so I always make it a habit to buy different sizes for storage so that I need not run of Knorr Sinigang Mix at anytime I cook our favorite Sinigang in tamarind.

lou gkantzios says :

me and my husband loves so much the tamarind sour soup
    when we were in Philippines and here in Greece but I was sad
    to know that this product of knorr tamarind sour mix
    powder is not available in any supermarket here in Greece
    can we make a request to the company of knorr to make available
    this product tamarind sour mix powder in any
    supermarket in Greece we appreciate it very much thank you.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Lou, I know how you feel. A friend of ours who is from Manila originally made this soup for us and it was delicious (although she did it without the seafood since I am allergic to it). I loved the base and it wasn’t available here in the United States so she showed me where I could find it online. Here is the link where you can get the base: Hope this helps.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271101281440631/k2311a101/10.1.10