IKEA Hemnes Sofa bed  » Furniture  »
  • Like all IKEA furniture I had to put it together myself, but that isn�t really a problem though because of the size of some of the pieces you may find it better to have two of you working on it
  • I am really happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone

• by suzieblu
      IKEA is well known the world over for making good quality inexpensive furniture. Like most people my house isnt very big and I needed to use my spare bedroom both as a guest bedroom and as a study for myself.

After a lot of searching around I settled on IKEA’s Hemnes 4 in 1 Sofa bed.

The space saving Scandinavian style bed in white wood suits

my home, and is multifunctional.

It is a sofa, it is good for storage with 3 large drawers under the seat, it can be used as a day bed or single bed or you can pull out the drawers and a subframe and turn it into a double bed.

Like all IKEA furniture I had to put it together myself, but that isn�t really a problem ...

• though because of the size of some of the pieces you may find it better to have two of you working on it.

It was straightforward as long as you followed the fixing instructions exactly and I got it together in under two hours.

Because of the sliding subframe and the drawers there are a lot of pieces to fix together.

The bed is sturdy, and

looks good when fitted together.

The frame costs around �200 and you also need two single matresses which are around �50 each.

So for around �300 you get 4 pieces of furniture in one.

It is comfortable to sit on and guests who have used it say they have had a good nights sleep, and everyone always needs extra storage space.

I am really happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone.

-11
    Flemming Hansen says :

I used about 5 hours to assemble it. One bolt could not fit completely in. Its extremely difficult to get the big drawer to open to make it a double bed. Not something you would do on a daily basis. It requires a lot force to pull with one hand and to push with the other hand to get the to parts move from each other. We are not happy with it at all. Don`t put it on a carpet. Use it only on a hard surface floor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 571502128130228/k2311a0215/2.15.07