TV Show: Raising Hope  » TV  »
2.5
  • My only problem with this show is I really don’t know how long it will last on TV
  • At least short term though, this show seems like one worth watching and, if you have nothing better to do, I would recommend it

• by Review Vigilante

My wife and I were watching the show Glee for the first time the other night and, after that show was over, a newer one called Raising Hope came on the air. Since it was on a channel we rarely watch, I was not aware of this show prior to seeing it or what the premise was.

But, it turned out to be a pretty entertaining way to spend an hour.

Basically, the show is about a young man who fathers a child

with a woman who apparently was a serial killer (I’m not sure if this was the first episode or a later one).

Since he himself comes from a family that was…well… backwards, he has a bunch of challenges raising his daughter that you might not see on other sitcoms.

And, I have to admit, the show seemed to be pretty funny.

I loved how he takes his daughter to work with him only to realize (after someone calls the cops) that it isn’t ...

• safe for her and, when he takes her to daycare for the first time, he ends up getting stalked by the woman who runs the place.

There were times when I was simply laughing out loud and there are very few shows that can do that.

My only problem with this show is I really don’t know how long it will last on TV; simply because the premise is very short-sighted.

After all, the main point is he’s raising a baby for the

first time.

Well, kids grow up (even kids on TV if they are played by the same actor) so I really don’t know how funny the show will be when that starts happening.

It might be a show that will be good for a couple seasons but, unless it finds a following like Full House did, I really have doubts about it beyond that point.

At least short term though, this show seems like one worth watching and, if you have nothing better to do, I would recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030091281250230/k2311a0930/9.30.10