Gosselin Moving N.V. Removal Company  » Business  »
Belcrownlaan, 23 B-2100 Deurne, Belgium
  • I found this rather inappropriate as the container is sealed by bolts
  • As an intermediary partner in this split removal, I think this is an acceptable company

• by bethbarl

The first part of my removal arrived nearly a month ago. This is a door to door removal. The standard procedure for this type of removal is that they open the crate or bring the container from the airport or port of arrival (in this case from Zaventem, Brussels airport and Antwerp for the container). They open the container right in front of the house (reservations must be made beforehand through the commune or the town hall for the right to park for minimal traffic disruption). However, not all of these things happened.

For the air freight, Gosselin (which is the transit removal company) was supposed to bring in my stuff at 9:00 in the morning. They were late by about 2 hours and it was only through phoning their local representative that I knew they had to make 2

other deliveries before bringing our things. I completely understand this but they should also tell it upfront instead of saying that they will come at 9 a.m. After all, 9 a.m. is 9 a.m. even here in this part of the world.

In effect, the whole thing dragged on until 9 p.m. as part of their contract was to mount the dismounted bed (stripped to the last nut and bolt by Elliott to supposedly fit as an air freight). The poor guys had to bring in a specialist just to mount this complicated bed. The whole process of unloading, opening and discarding about 50 boxes took at least 3 hours while reassembly of our bed took 2 people 5 hours. However, they did it correctly and I was glad that I could sleep on a real bed and not on inflatable ...

• mattresses on the floor.

The container is another story as more than half of our personal belongings (about 90 boxes) are here including a vehicle. Like in the air freight, Gosselin has to do the formalities with respect to customs clearance and the request from the town hall to unload our stuff. It was agreed that the container would be opened and unloaded in front of the house but for some reason Gosselin took a unilateral decision and informed us that they already opened the container, offloaded the car and boxes. I found this rather inappropriate as the container is sealed by bolts. In all the house removals I have done, either my husband or I is present when the container is unsealed. Some things from the removal can disappear or be unaccounted for because of this. Already, I am missing a few

things and I will surely file a complaint. What bothered my husband the most is that they even emptied the car of its contents: namely the fridge, compressor and the 2nd fitted battery.

Despite the tardiness they showed when the air freight arrived, Gosselin has staff which are polite and could bring in a specialist if needed. They had the good will to do the job correctly and I appreciate this. I even got a customer satisfaction questionnaire which I will exactly reply in the same way I have written in this review.

It is still for me a reliable, transit company as they managed to get our stuff out of Belgian customs, mounted the bed, handled our personal effects as best as they can. As an intermediary partner in this split removal, I think this is an acceptable company.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4130091281080230/k2311a0930/9.30.10