FURminator Pet Deshedding Tool for Dogs and Cats  » Pets  »
  • She said that the best way to minimize the shedding is to buy the FURminator Deshedding Tool as it is the most effective at getting the top and undercoats
  • I know I'm not pulling her hair out as she really has no problem with me brushing her, but there really is just that much loose hair to grab
  • I highly recommend this product to anyone who has a dog or cat that shed excessively and is looking for a brush to reduce dander and furballs around the house

• by slappy

I have a Golden Retriever which, as most people know, sheds a lot. When we first got her and took her to the vet for her first check ups, the nurse there said we have a lot of tumbleweeds and couches of hair to look forward to. She said that the best way to minimize the shedding is to buy the FURminator Deshedding Tool as it is the most effective at getting the top and undercoats.

The Furminator is a brush

with very fine but sturdy metal points that really dig deep into the undercoat. It doesn’t hurt the dog as long as I’m not ruthlessly brushing her; and as a matter of fact she has come to enjoy it for the most pat. When I very gently brush her head, her eyes start closing and I can clearly see that she’s enjoying this head scratching technique.

Having a dog that sheds year round, I didn’t expect it to remove everything, but it ...

• sure does a great job. I can sit there for hours if I wanted and there will still be more hair to remove. I know I’m not pulling her hair out as she really has no problem with me brushing her, but there really is just that much loose hair to grab. By the time I’m done, it looks like I have another dog.

It really comes in handy before a bath. I do a quick brush with the

FURminator and then give her a bath and there is much less hair collecting in the drain. Obviously if I brushed her everyday there wouldn’t be as much hair each time, but the problem is that I wait a week or two and thus wind up having to brush for much longer. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has a dog or cat that shed excessively and is looking for a brush to reduce dander and furballs around the house.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2930091280530130/k2311a0930/9.30.10