Tots ‘n Pots Children’s cooking classes  » Education  »
Head Office: La Lucia, Umhlanga Coast, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa
  • With my little 6 year old cousin clearly showing an early passion for cooking and preparing food, I thought it would be a great idea to have her enroll in some kiddies cooking classes so that I never have to clean up after her mess and never have to worry about her safety with all the hazards that can arise from such an exercise at home
  • Cooking classes for kids are a great way for someone to keep their little one entertained, but in my brief experience of the class sit-ins, it is only those kids that have a real passion for cooking that enjoy the classes for prolonged periods of time

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

With my little 6 year old cousin clearly showing an early passion for cooking and preparing food, I thought it would be a great idea to have her enroll in some kiddies cooking classes so that I never have to clean up after her mess and never have to worry about her safety with all the hazards that can arise from such an exercise at home.

I sat in for one of the classes just out

of interest and could clearly see that these little ones were having an immense amount of fun, with concentration levels uncharacteristically lasting hours and hours.

Since attending these cooking classes, my little cousin has become more responsible around the kitchen, conducting herself in a much safer way and preparing very simple dishes is literally child’s play for her, something that goes a long way to take some weight off the shoulders of us older people ...

• in the household.

Good eating habits are clearly the order of the day at the cooking classes as we are often reminded to use natural and preservative free ingredients to make food, if not to wash our hands every fifteen minutes or so.

passion for cooking that enjoy the classes for prolonged periods of time. Furthermore, I find that my six year old cousin learns a whole lot within a very short space of time, as is characteristic of the earlier stages of child development. An eagerness to learn, together with her obvious passion for cooking is very well complemented by the cooking classes and we expect her to be a very good cook after a considerable amount of growth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5030091280480130/k2311a0930/9.30.10