Alka Seltzer Antacid  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • It was suggested by a friend that I try Alka Seltzer Antacid to relieve the problem I was having
  • That would prevent me from having to consider this horrible tasting liquid again
  • I would recommend Alka Seltzer for anyone that is having trouble with their stomach
  • I think the price was reasonable even though the taste was horrible

• by Dawn

I often get a bit of stomach trouble and need something to help settle it down. It was suggested by a friend that I try Alka Seltzer Antacid to relieve the problem I was having. I took the suggestion and went to the grocery store to pick up a box. I paid $5.69 for a box of 36 tablets. That sounded reasonable if it got rid of my stomach pain. Alka Seltzer isn’t a pill that you take though. It is a pill that you drop into water and then drink. I knew this when I bought it though.

I dropped the Alka Seltzer into

a glass of water and waited until the tablet dissolved. It was fizzing pretty good and I wondered how something that was fizzing was going to settle my stomach down. I raised the glass to my mouth and took a little drink. It was the most terrible tasting thing that I had ever put into my mouth. I stopped drinking it and my friend informed me that in order for it to work, I had to drink the entire thing. He said that I had to drink it all down at once and it would be easier to handle. I held my nose and dump ...

• the rest of the drink down my throat. It still didn’t taste any better.

The medication did work to settle my stomach though. It worked very well in fact. My stomach pain was gone within minutes and I could get back to what I wanted to do. I have not, nor will I purchase the product again though. I would rather take something that doesn’t taste quite so bad. I try not to eat a lot of hot foods as well since that appears to be what caused my stomach upset in the first place. That would prevent me from having to consider this horrible

tasting liquid again.

I would recommend Alka Seltzer for anyone that is having trouble with their stomach. It did work well. I am just stubborn about what I put into my mouth. I think the price was reasonable even though the taste was horrible. It did the trick and that is all I can really expect of something that claims it will. If you can stand to drink the fizzy liquid, by all means, use this as your antacid. It will get rid of the bad feeling in your stomach and make you feel much better. Don’t be stubborn like me because sometimes it just doesn’t pay.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2629091280100930/k2311a0929/9.29.10