amazon.com  » Web sites  »
2.5
  • I suggest that you use e-bay before you use amazon
  • I know this has been a difficult revenue center for their business and I can see why
  • I don't think they are far enough along in their development of the used items services to call it safe for consumers to buy items with such a rampant occurance of scamming

• by fatherq
      I have had about a 70% success rate when buying used items on amazon. com.

New items work very well on amazon.

com but when you buy any used items it is a guessing and tracking game.

There are many reputable sellers on amazon.

com however there are many that are

not.

I suggest that you use e-bay before you use amazon.

I have had great success on e-bay buying many different kinds of items as the feedback is taken very seriously and e-bay has strict policies on those who do not send out the items.

Amazon.

com on the ...

• other hand has great difficulty enforcing anything sold in the used format and seems to take it lightly.

It seems like they want seller fees but to tkae no responsibility for what the sellers actually sell.

I know this has been a difficult revenue center for their business

and I can see why.

I don’t think they are far enough along in their development of the used items services to call it safe for consumers to buy items with such a rampant occurance of scamming.

I hope you heed the warning from a person with first hand knowledge.

amazon.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201502128010228/k2311a0215/2.15.07