Slimfast Optima Milk Chocolate Shake Mix  » Health  »
  • When I tried the Slimfast liquid chocolate drink, I thought it had a pretty good taste
  • When I got it home, I decided to mix a drink of the Slimfast just to see if the powdered form was as good as the liquid form
  • I found the powder a little difficult to mix up in the glass
  • I wasn't disappointed in the results, I rather expected it to turn out that way
  • The liquid form is more expensive than the powder, but sometimes you should just go the extra mile and get what tastes the best

• by Dawn

When I tried the Slimfast liquid chocolate drink, I thought it had a pretty good taste. I wanted something that I could easily take with me without having to pull out a can though. It would just make it easier to carry some powder around with me than cans of liquid. I purchased the Slimfast Optima Milk Chocolate Shake Mix at my grocery store for $14.84 for two cans of dry mix. That wasn’t a bad price considering the drink mix

would provide more drinks than the canned version would.

I wasn’t really on a diet. I wanted just liked the taste of the Slim Fast liquid. When I got it home, I decided to mix a drink of the Slimfast just to see if the powdered form was as good as the liquid form. I doubted it because rarely does a powdered version of anything taste as good as the liquid form. I found the powder a little difficult to mix up in the glass. It didn’t seem to want to dissolve all the way. That is what I expected because I have seen that with other powdered drink mixes. I wasn’t pleased with that.

After I finally got the powder to dissolve enough that I could drink it, I took a taste. It wasn’t a bad taste. What can you expect from a powdered diet drink mix anyway? I did like the drink to an extent, but I wasn’t crazy about ...

• Slimfast Optima Milk Chocolate Shake Mix
      it. I preferred the liquid drink much better than this powdered form. The drink filled me up as well. I wasn’t disappointed in the results, I rather expected it to turn out that way.

I probably won’t purchase this diet drink mix again. It wasn’t exactly what I would prefer and I will likely purchase the cans in the future. It wasn’t that it was horrible. It just wasn’t as good as it could be. It was also more work than it

had to be. I am completely happy with simply opening the can. It is more convenient and does taste much better than the powder.

I would recommend this product only if you don’t want to tote a bunch of cans around with you. Otherwise, I would suggest that you use the liquid form instead. It just tastes better. The liquid form is more expensive than the powder, but sometimes you should just go the extra mile and get what tastes the best.

Katheleen Cannella says :

re : The liquid form is more expensive than the powder, but sometimes you should just go the extra mile and get what tastes the best
I agree that Slimfast liquid chocolate drink tastes good because it has a rich, creamy chocolate flavor. It blends pretty easily too. Chocolate is my favorite flavor, although I will occasionally drink other flavors.

oli says :

I think the best part about this is that the main craving I have when I’m on a diet of any kind, is for chocolate. It can be very depressing, actually. With the Slimfast shake it tastes like the real thing, like a chocolate ice cream or milkshake, and it absolutely kills the craving for a Dairymilk bar. It definitely helps me keep on track. Since it is nutritious, unlike real chocolate, you know it is benefiting you and that it is guilt free.

Katheleen Cannella says :

I thought the powder form was as good as the liquid form. I did not find it hard to blend like some other nutrition powder drinks. I love the rich, chocolate flavor.

Katheleen Cannella says :

re : When I tried the Slimfast liquid chocolate drink, I thought it had a pretty good taste
I feel the liquid drinks are good for on the go. It is more convenient. But I like to have the powder form for when I am at home. This way I can simply make a glass when I need it, especially if I am missing a meal or running late on eating. I have liked Slim fast for years and have found the liquid Slimfast, as well as the powder to be a very good product in my life, and at a reasonable price.

Katheleen Cannella says :

Yes, because the liquid form is so much more convenient if you just want to grab one and go out to your car and go somewhere. I always keep them on hand in my house so that I have them available because I never go to my car without a beverage.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429091280020930/k2311a0929/9.29.10