30 Days of Night: Dark Days
1.5
  • I really enjoyed watching the film 30 Days of Night and was excited when I heard that a sequel would soon be coming to the big screen
  • Unfortunately, I lost interest in the film shortly after
  • The backdrop looked so fake that I thought it was pitiful
  • I found Dark Days to be a huge disappointment, as it lacked depth as well as a lot of the raw emotion that was featured in its predecessor
  • I'd be glad if I didn't have to watch Dark Days ever again, and I really do not recommend that anyone spend their hard earned money in order to see it

• by Zoey7879

I really enjoyed watching the film 30 Days of Night and was excited when I heard that a sequel would soon be coming to the big screen. To what potential readers may find dismaying, I have to say that that 30 Days of Night: Dark Days was unimpressive.

I did enjoy the beginning of the film as there was action going on within approximately the first five minutes of the movie. In Dark Days, Stella has left Barrow

and moved to Los Angeles where she continues to seek out and lure vampires to their deaths, as well as informing a very skeptical public about their existence. The movie opens up with Stella giving one such lecture and a blood bath soon ensued. Unfortunately, I lost interest in the film shortly after. As in the first movie, the vampires were supposed to be slightly obvious, but I didn’t like the fact that it went as ...

• far as to have them all wearing sunglasses and dark glasses indoors. At the end of the film, there is a short scene that is supposed to show Stella in Barrow, where she is exhuming Eben’s corpse. The backdrop looked so fake that I thought it was pitiful.

I found Dark Days to be a huge disappointment, as it lacked depth as well as a lot of the raw emotion that was featured in its predecessor. While

I felt a connection to characters of the first movie, I honestly couldn’t wait for Dark Days to be over with. While 30 Days of Night did set the bar kind of high, Dark Days would need a boom truck just to stand a chance in comparison.

I’d be glad if I didn’t have to watch Dark Days ever again, and I really do not recommend that anyone spend their hard earned money in order to see it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1129091279810930/k2311a0929/9.29.10