Gazelle Fitness Glider  » Health  »
  • I found the Gazelle Fitness Glider which was more affordable to me than a treadmill would be
  • As I was moving my legs, I decided to see how far back the runners would go
  • When I got off the machine, I also noticed that there would be some soreness in my thighs, hips and legs as well
  • As long as you do that, you will get the best workout you have had in a long time

• by Dawn

I needed some at home exercise equipment because I no longer had time to go to the gym. I looked around and couldn’t really afford any major equipment so I did the next best thing. I got a cheaper piece of exercise equipment that appeared as though it might just work. I found the Gazelle Fitness Glider which was more affordable to me than a treadmill would be. It looked like a cross between a stair climber and a ski machine. I paid $99.99 for the machine.

I brought the machine home and immediately took it out of the box. I was a bit confused by the set up and nearly belted myself in the face several times trying to get

it open and putting it in the right position in the house. Once I had it set up, I climbed on it and tried to coordinate my leg and arm movements. It took some time but I finally got coordinated and was on my way to a very good work out. As I was moving my legs, I decided to see how far back the runners would go. I belted my leg back as hard as I could and without realizing it, hit the dog squarely in the head.

As far as a piece of workout equipment, you really can get a good workout from it. My heart rate was up nicely and I even broke a very good ...

• sweat. That is all you can ask from a good workout. When I got off the machine, I also noticed that there would be some soreness in my thighs, hips and legs as well. That is a good thing though. That means that I was building up muscle from the very first workout. I was liking this machine more and more.

The only thing that I didn’t like about the Gazelle was that it could be dangerous. The gliders could go very fast and if someone or something walked behind me suddenly, it was a sure thing that they were going to get hurt, just like the dog did. It is also hard to move around because even though you can

clamp down the arms the runners didn’t clamp down well and would fall down. If I was in the wrong place when it happened, it meant injury for certain.

All in all, I probably wouldn’t purchase this piece of workout equipment again. Although it did give me a great workout, it also came with far too many dangers. That was a risk that I just wouldn’t take again if I knew it existed. If you are willing to take the risk, be certain that you workout in a room where small children won’t run behind it. Be careful when you are moving it around. As long as you do that, you will get the best workout you have had in a long time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429091279620930/k2311a0929/9.29.10