Garnier Fructis Fortifying 2 in 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner  » Health  »
  • I very rarely use shampoo plus conditioner mixtures because my experience has been that they don't do the job correctly
  • When Garnier first came out with their line of Fructis Shampoos, I decided to give it a try anyway
  • The shampoo instantly lost points in my opinion
  • I don't like overpowering smells no matter how good it is
  • I wouldn't recommend this shampoo plus conditioner to anyone who has a major problem with tangly hair like mine

• by Dawn

I very rarely use shampoo plus conditioner mixtures because my experience has been that they don’t do the job correctly. I generally prefer to use shampoo with a separate conditioner. When Garnier first came out with their line of Fructis Shampoos, I decided to give it a try anyway. I purchased the Fructis at the local grocery store for $2.99 for a 13 oz. bottle. I was a bit skeptical at first as to whether or not this shampoo plus conditioner would work better than others I have tried but thought I didn’t have much to lose by trying it.

When I first opened the

bottle of Garnier Shampoo Plus Conditioner, I was a little taken back by the strong fruity smell. It was a nice smell but a little overpowering. The shampoo instantly lost points in my opinion. Shampoo shouldn’t smell that strong and it even made me sneeze. I don’t like overpowering smells no matter how good it is. This would definitely be a problem for me. I wasn’t sure that even if I liked the way the shampoo plus conditioner worked that I would be able to get past that one fact.

I poured a little bit of the shampoo in my hand after having gotten my ...

• hair wet. I then began to scrub it into my hair. The smell became more overwhelming, but I got through it. I could see that this shampoo plus conditioner wasn’t going to be better than any other that I have tried. The conditioner didn’t seem to be getting into my hair enough to all of the knots out. This was problem number two. I need a very good conditioner because my hair tends to get very knotted up and tangled. I have always needed a great deal of conditioner to get those tangles out and more easily managed once I begin to brush my
        hair. I can tell immediately if a conditioner will be the right one. Fructis Shampoo Plus Conditioner was not a good one for me.

I wouldn’t recommend this shampoo plus conditioner to anyone who has a major problem with tangly hair like mine. It just doesn’t get job done in my opinion. My hair looked about the same as it always looked when it was dried as well. I won’t purchase this product again. I can get a much cheaper brand and get the same effect and know that the tangles will all come out. It’s not a bad shampoo for those who like a stronger scent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428091279020430/k2311a0928/9.28.10