Popeye’s Chicken
Popeye’s Chicken 3002 North Big Spring Street, Midland Tx
  • Finally, when Friday night rolled around, I decided to give it a try
  • When I walked in, I noticed there was only two people in line
  • However, to get that amazing food, you pay in more than just dollars

• by Voldermortem

Despite living in the same small town for ten years and being a voracious fried chicken eater, and had actually never tried the Popeye’s Chicken joint that I happened to pass every day on my way to the gym. Finally, when Friday night rolled around, I decided to give it a try. When I walked in, I noticed there was only two people in line. Slightly more worrying was the fact that there were about a dozen people sitting around waiting for their food.

I resigned

myself to giving this a try, and got in line. There was one cash register, and the woman assigned to it was not helping in the food preparation, but it still took her five minutes to get to each customer. While we all sat angrily in line, she leaned back against the wall, got herself a Coke, and watched us all with mild interest.

When she finally got around to helping us, 15 minutes later according to my watch, she spent the entire time glaring at me with unconcealed disgust. It was truely quite unsettling. Despite how long it took for my order to be placed, the food arrived surprisingly quickly.

I was incensed with the help, but when I saw the food all my complaints vanished. The chicken was heavily breaded, and the fries were just spicy enough to give you that slight kick. I honestly could not stop eating them.

In my mind I was adding up the calories and weighing that against my diet plan, but I still could ...

• Popeye's Chicken
      not stop from eating. All my previous anger was forgotten, until I had run out of ketchup. Oddly enough, there was none sitting out, so you have to ask for it behind the counter.

All of the other employees were running back and forth in a frenzy, so I had no choice but to ask the same cashier from earlier. I asked for more ketchup, and she said she would get some. She then called one of the customers over, apparently her boyfriend, and they began

to talk.

I waited for about a minute, then interrupted to ask her again for the ketchup. She finished up her talk, glared at me, then ordered another employee to give me the ketchup. I might just have cheap tastes, but I loved the chicken strips and the french fries.

In fact, as I am writing them, I cannot get that taste out of my head! However, to get that amazing food, you pay in more than just dollars. If you go to Popeye’s you can expect a mind-numbing slow atmosphere, dirty restaurant, and poor employees.

Debbie says :

This information is very tasty and true me myself I do love Popeyes. There food is delicious if your concerned about your weight and count calories by all means don t eat here. I m not sure what the ingredients are and trust many say they have it but I m not sure but the food is cooked nicely.
For those of you who are chicken lovers you will enjoy but again as you said the service is terrible. I have been to plenty Popeyes but mostly the service isn t that good they just make up for it with this beautiful addicting chicken. As for myself I no longer go inside but do threw drive thru it makes it so much more at times a better experience.

Brielle Nettles says :

re : However, to get that amazing food, you pay in more than just dollars
Popeyes is always good when done right. I have extensive background in fast food and know alot about how places like these should run. I love the overall style the franchise has. It tends to be expensive but your paying for a product that isn t offered by alot of other places. The wait seems to be long no matter what store i visit so a wait is expected.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 728091278490330/k2311a0928/9.28.10