Blistex Lip Tone with SPF 15  » Cosmetics  »
  • I just bought it yesterday at Watson’s for around eighty pesos, I think
  • I like that it adds color to my lips besides moisturizing it
  • It is amazing how a little touch of color creates such a huge difference on the overall look of the face
  • Before putting on Blistex lip tone, I look dull and pale and just plain boring but after applying just a little amount, I improved quite dramatically
  • I would recommend this lip balm to everyone who is tired of trying every lip balm only to be disappointed

• by gitana

I just used Blistex lip protectant a moment ago. I just bought it yesterday at Watson’s for around eighty pesos, I think.

I’ve been seeing this product around since forever but this is the first time for me to actually try it. My first impression has been a pleasant one. I like that it adds color to my lips besides moisturizing it. The color looks pretty natural as well- a warm rosy, neutral shade that leaves your mouth looking plump and pouty. I am usually pale so I’m really glad that Blistex lip protectant is there to help me look more like a living creature.

It is amazing how a little touch of color creates such a huge difference on the overall look of the face. Before

putting on Blistex lip tone, I look dull and pale and just plain boring but after applying just a little amount, I improved quite dramatically.

It does not taste bad too! It tastes and smells somewhat chocolatey. Certainly a taste you wouldn’t mind tasting especially if you’re used to pertroleum jelly on your lips, lol. I seriously have no complaints about the taste.

It works really well in softening my lips. This is what all lip balms claim to do but most of what I have tried didn’t live up to their claims that is the reason why I stuck to petroleum jelly for years despite the petroleum taste. But this one actually has a right to the claim.

The effects last long as well- about ...

• two to three hours usually unless there’s too much eating or drinking, but still it actually lasts pretty long even then. It has also a sun protection factor of 15 so I am confident that my lips are well taken care of despite constant exposure to the sun and its harmful ultra violet rays.

The best thing about it is that inspite its moisturizing and softening powers, it doesn’t feel waxy. It is excellent on its own but I like to use it together with Care Line Lip and cheek tint. I apply Blistex Lip Tone first to protect my lips from direct contact with the lip tint because I noticed using it directly caused my lips to dry and peel. I noticed that when I

put Blistex first, that isn’t the case. Then I put on the lip stain and spread it evenly on my lips. These two products just rock together.

In sum, I find Blistex lip tone a wonderful product. It softens my lips very effectively, it has sun protection factor 15, it adds a warm nice color to my lips, and on top of it all, it doesn’t feel waxy or greasy or something so its very comfortable to wear unlike most of the lip balms I tried in the past.

I would recommend this lip balm to everyone who is tired of trying every lip balm only to be disappointed. For me this is the holy grail of lip balms and I would give it a rating of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128091278290230/k2311a0928/9.28.10