Vagisil Feminine Wash
2.5
  • I bought Vagisil Feminine Wash after I had suffered a yeast infection
  • I think it smells like a light floral, but I am not sure
  • I found it time consuming and annoying to have to use a separate wash for a certain body part rather than just lathering up my washcloth with my favorite bath gel or soap
  • After using the bottle up, I decided I would not purchase it again as it simply was not necessary
  • In fact, one of these products impressed me so much that it became a staple in my bath cabinet for times when any part of my body’s skin is irritable

• by reviewabit

I bought Vagisil Feminine Wash after I had suffered a yeast infection. I was cleared of the infection, but the area was still a bit sensitive and I wanted to use a wash that would be gentle and not irritate the tissues further. Anyone who has had a bad yeast infection can appreciate how sore and irritated you can be during and after treatment.

I thought the price of the Vagisil was a bit high but I did have a coupon for it so I bought a bottle and tried it out the next morning. The wash is moderately thick and has a light, pleasant smell.

I think it smells like a

light floral, but I am not sure. It was very gentle, and I had no stinging or irritation.

It boasted a benefit of “odor block” technology. Using it for a week, I could not tell any difference as far as odor control, but that was not why I bought it anyway.

I found it time consuming and annoying to have to use a separate wash for a certain body part rather than just lathering up my washcloth with my favorite bath gel or soap. After using the bottle up, I decided I would not purchase it again as it simply was not necessary.

I really see no added benefit for ...

• using this product, when there are sensitive skin cleansers available for all over use that are less expensive. Most of these products have no fragrance at all and are probably safer to use for people with allergies or skin irritations anyway.

The next time I had some skin irritation in a “private” area, I bought an unscented soap made for sensitive skin and it worked just fine. It was so much easier to use it all over as opposed to having to wash my feminine parts separately.

skin is irritable. I have no complaint about the Vagisil wash as far as its quality, but value is another matter.

I think some consumers might be fooled into thinking this product is medicinally beneficial or somehow special and specific but it’s really not. Just because a product is made by a company that is known for making products for a very specific need (Vagisil, with vaginal irritation, or Dr.

Scholl’s for foot products for example) does not mean that every product they put their name on is unique or cannot be substituted. I see vaginal washes in general (with the exception of medicated ones) as a novelty product and basically a waste of money.

Vagisil Feminine Wash

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427091278030230/k2311a0927/9.27.10