Icy Hot Extra Strength Pain Relieving Cream  » Medicine  »
  • I would recommend Icy Hot Extra Strength Pain Relief Cream for those who wish to get rid of the pain temporarily until an oral medication begins to work

• by Dawn

I put my back out many years ago and therefore often get recurring pain. I always have to have medication on hand to help relieve the pain when it gets really bad. I have tried several different ointments including Icy Hot Extra Strength Pain Relieving Cream. I had tried some of the other creams to no avail. There weren’t any that had been able to give me relief. I found Icy Hot at Walmart for $2.97. It was a 1.25 oz. tube.

When I got home, I rubbed some of the Icy Hot Extra Strength Pain Relieving Cream on my lower back. I could feel the heat

on my hands before I even reached my back to put the cream on. When I rubbed it on, it did feel good. The heat that came from it was soothing. I liked the cream because it was much cleaner than ointments that tend to be oily. I wasn’t as worried about the cream getting all over my clothing.

Icy Hot did help my back temporarily. It didn’t last nearly long enough. I had to reapply before going to bed. It last for about an hour. That is more relief than I have actually gotten from other pain aids, so I can’t complain too much about it.

• There is a mentholyptus smell to it. It was a little strong but since it was going on my back, I didn’t mind it as much as I normally would. I did use the Icy Hot cream until it was gone. It was good for short-term pain relief though I probably wouldn’t purchase it again except for use with an oral pain reliever to back it up. If I use Advil with Icy Hot, the Icy Hot keeps the pain at bay until the Advil kicks in. That Advil keeps the pain away for twenty four hours and that is often enough to get through the
        muscle soreness.

I would recommend Icy Hot Extra Strength Pain Relief Cream for those who wish to get rid of the pain temporarily until an oral medication begins to work. It is a good cream compared to the other creams that I have tried and not nearly as messy. The price isn’t bad either. If you get back pain on occasion, it might be a good idea to put a tube of Icy Hot in the medicine cabinet just in case. My theory is that it always pays to be prepared, especially when it comes to back pain. When you find something that works, keep it around.

Icy Hot Extra Strength Pain Relieving Cream

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2627091277790230/k2311a0927/9.27.10