Bandaid Plus Antibiotic Waterproof Bandages  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • I found Bandaid Plus Antibiotic Waterproof Bandages at Walmart
  • There was definitely a different feel to this type of bandage
  • I prefer to use another antibiotic ointment for that purpose in the future
  • I wouldn't recommend this product for others unless you have no access to any other antibiotic ointment

• by Dawn

I have always used Bandaid bandages if I get a cut. When they came out with a bandage that had medication on the pad, I had to try it. I wanted to see if it would help my cut heal faster than it normally would without medication. The antibiotic would at least keep a cut from getting infected. I found Bandaid Plus Antibiotic Waterproof Bandages at Walmart. They cost $3.47 for a 15 count box. I was pleased to see the bandages were all the same size. Other packages of Bandaids always came with various sizes and shapes and I rarely used the smallest Bandaids in the box. This

would ensure that I would, at some point use all of the bandages.

I placed the new Bandaid Plus Antibiotic in my medicine cabinet until I needed them. When I cut my finger with a knife while preparing dinner one night, I finally had my chance to give the new Bandaids a try. I ran my finger under cold water to rinse of the blood that was oozing out. I quickly placed the bandage around my finger making sure the ointment was on top of the cut. There was definitely a different feel to this type of bandage. I could feel the ointment on my finger. It felt a little ...

• strange to me, as anything new does.

I went about my daily business with the Bandaid on. It took a little time for me to get used to the fact that it was waterproof and I could wash my hands with the bandage on. Once I did, I found that the bandaid did stay in place quite well. I changed the bandage after I got a shower so that it was fresh. I didn’t see any healing as of yet, but it really hadn’t been enough time to start the healing process. I used the bandaids several days in a row and still saw no sign of quick healing.

I did, however, like the fact that it was waterproof because that did seem to work.

I probably will not purchase this product again. Although I liked that it didn’t fall off after washing my hands, the antibiotic didn’t really do much in the way of healing for me. I prefer to use another antibiotic ointment for that purpose in the future. Bandaid does make bandages that are waterproof without the antibiotic in it and that is probably what I will purchase next time. I wouldn’t recommend this product for others unless you have no access to any other antibiotic ointment. I have found that other things work much better than this medication.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2627091277770230/k2311a0927/9.27.10