Vicks Formula 44D Cough Medication
  • This is a good cough medication for me because I prefer to use something that isn't going to make me too sleepy as many cough medications do
  • I love that feeling even though I don't love the taste of it
  • I would recommend this product for anyone who has a cough and wants to get some sleep at night without the effects of a medication to aid in sleep

• by Dawn

There is one thing that I always keep in my medicine chest just in case I get a cough. I have used Vicks Formula 44D for many years to get rid of late night, hacking coughs because it works well. I pay $6.94 for an 8 oz. bottle at the drug store. This is a good cough medication for me because I prefer to use something that isn’t going to make me too sleepy as many cough medications do. When I have a cough, I just want to get the cough to go away so I can sleep naturally.

The taste of Vicks Formula 44D isn’t the greatest or all the

cough medications that there is. I do, however think that the medication works very well. When I take Vicks Formula 44D and it begins to go down my throat, I can feel a warming sensation. I love that feeling even though I don’t love the taste of it. The medication immediately relieves the cough so that I can go to bed and get a good nights rest without taking something with a sleep aid in it. I always fear taking a sleep aid because I am afraid I won’t easily wake up in time in the morning.

As for the taste, as I mentioned earlier, it doesn’t taste good. It has ...

• a very strong medicine taste to it and the taste lingers on for quite some time. I never drink water to get the taste out of my mouth though because that would dilute the ability of the medication to do its job properly. I, therefore, suffer the bad taste. The most important thing for me was that it stopped the scratchy feeling that I had in my throat and the cough that accompanied it. I have been a long time user of Vicks Formula 44D because of the excellent results that I have received from it.

I will purchase Vicks Formula 44D again. In fact, I keep a bottle in the

medicine chest just in case I get a bad, dry cough. I usually don’t take cough medication during the day because I opt for cough drops. I only use cough syrups during the evening when it is time for bed. This keeps me from being awake longer to have the lingering taste of medicine in my mouth. I would recommend this product for anyone who has a cough and wants to get some sleep at night without the effects of a medication to aid in sleep. It is an excellent choice and Vicks is a brand name that has been trusted for many generations. There is a reason for that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2627091277740230/k2311a0927/9.27.10