Monopoly by Hasbro  » Games  »
  • I love the fact that Monopoly is so much fun to play with the additional bonus of helping to teach about finances a bit
  • The best type of games a family can own is one that everyone can learn from
  • I would recommend Monopoly to every family with older children and to adults that may want to do something beside watch television

• by Dawn

I love having family game night. It is a time that my family gets together and has fun. It also sparks conversation that would otherwise go unspoken. Monopoly is a big part of our family fun night games. Monopoly has been around for a very long time. I purchased my game of Monopoly at Kmart for $11.99. That is a fairly good price for a classic board game that everyone loves.

I love the fact that Monopoly is so much fun to play with the additional bonus of helping to teach about finances a bit. This game can be a tell tale sign of how

a person will handle their money in real life. The only draw back with Monopoly is that it can take several hours to complete. I always make sure that we have plenty of time to complete the game before we start playing. There are times that we end up giving up the game long before anyone wins it though.

I have found that everyone wants to be the banker and have control over the money and properties. That just goes to show how powerful a game can make a person feel. The idea of buying and selling properties or having to take out a ...

• mortgage to pay unexpected debts is much like real life situations. The object of the game is to be the person who owns everything. It can put people on a power trip even though they know it’s just a game.

Monopoly is for older children and adults. It isn’t suited for young children at all. At the time that I purchased my copy of the game, my kids were all teenagers and it was perfect for the family game night. It is not an easy game to learn at first, but it isn’t hard once you have the hang of it. You may even have

to use your math skills a bit during the game. My family and I have learned a great deal from this board game. The best type of games a family can own is one that everyone can learn from.

I would definitely purchase Monopoly again. It has filled many hours of my families time during power outages, snow storms and rainy days. I would recommend Monopoly to every family with older children and to adults that may want to do something beside watch television. It’s fun and challenging at times. Everyone always has their favorite game piece picked out before they even get the board out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2827091277720230/k2311a0927/9.27.10