Sassy and Chic 12 Pack Hair Combs  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • When I noticed I did not have a comb their was a since of urgency to get one
  • I like the variety because each person has a different type of comb they like to use on their hair
  • When I opened up the combs, I decided to go with the biggest thickest comb in the package
  • The problem with this comb is that when I got to the areas where it was really thick, the comb couldn’t handle it

• by adrean_j

For some reason combs always get lost in my house. I really don’t understand why, considering that my husband and I are the only ones that actually use the combs. My children do not need them, because I comb their hair. When I noticed I did not have a comb their was a since of urgency to get one. I do not believe in walking around with unruly hair that can not be contained. My whole family and I all have really thick hair. Even my baby boy has a large afro. That is why I needed to have a comb. I ran to the closest dollar store which was the Dollar Tree store and purchased a package of combs. I figured the pack would be perfect because it had 12 combs in it of all different sizes and colors. There were some with big teeth, some with little teeth, some where short,

some long. Some of the combs had handles and some did not. I like the variety because each person has a different type of comb they like to use on their hair. This keeps it easy for the family to all enjoy combs from one single package. I also liked the fact that these hair combs were only a dollar. In my mind you can’t beat a good bargain.

When I opened up the combs, I decided to go with the biggest thickest comb in the package. I wanted to make sure I had something strong enough for my daughter’s thick curls. As I started to use the comb on her hair, I realized that it was very bendy and flimsy. I knew already that these combs were going to be no good. I had to grip it especially hard to keep it from bending when I was combing through my daughter’s head.

• As I was combing, it just couldn’t hold up and the comb snapped in half right in my hands. I was kind of irritated, but at the same time, it was okay because I had 11 more combs to use. I got a another one out of the package. This one was handle less and had big teeth at one end and small at the other. As I combed her hair with it, it did a little bit better than the one with the handle. It was still flimsy and needed to be grasped, but it was a little easier to get a grasp on. The problem with this comb is that when I got to the areas where it was really thick, the comb couldn’t handle it. The teeth started to break, one by one. By the time I was done doing my daughter’s hair, half the teeth on that comb were
        gone.

I then tried to use them on my son’s hair, hoping it would be a little different. He has a lot of curly hair as well, but his is much thinner than my daughter’s hair. When I started to comb through it, the comb was bending and moving, but it didn’t break up as easily. It was just hard to use this comb on him because he moves around a lot and with the bending and flimsiness, you have to comb over areas more than once. I really thing that these combs are not good quality. I am down to my last 3 now because they have all broken up in one way or another. I wouldn’t purchase them again, because they just aren’t worth it. I’d much rather pay a dollar for one quality comb. I don’t think these combs are good for anyone except for people that have really thin and straight hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127091277610230/k2311a0927/9.27.10