Walgreens Children’s Grape Meltaway Acetaminophen  » Medicine  »
  • I was happy to see my child feeling better
  • I recommend that all parents who have children that hate taking medicine use these meltaways

• by adrean_j

I am really picky about giving medications to my children. It seems there is always a recall on something or a side effect that is unnecessary. A few months ago my daughter was really sick and I had to give her some medication either way. I was nursing her at home, so my mother brought some medication over that she thought would be good for her. The medicine was a Walgreens brand acetaminophen tablet for children. I read where it said grape meltaways and hoped it would fly with my child. She had been in bed all day due to fever, coughing, sneezing, and just feeling downright sick. As

soon as I got the tablets I needed to administer them to her. I loved the way there were absolutely no measuring involved. It was easy to just read the label and go by your child’s height and age. This lets you know exactly how many tablets to administer to your child. Another thing that I liked is that it wasn’t just for one age of kids. Kids from 2 yrs to 11 yrs can take this medicine.

This keeps me from having multiple medications in the cabinet unnecessarily.

She was to have 3 tablets and I gave them to her. I expected her to want to resist, but ...

• she did not. She actually liked the fact that it was a pill and it made her feel kind of grown up. She took them and didn’t complain about the taste. She told me that it was pretty good and that it tastes kind of like her chewable vitamins. When she was done taking the meltaways I gave her some water to wash it down, but it wasn’t necessary. After about 30 minutes she was feeling much more comfortable and the fever had gone away. I was happy to see my child feeling better. She was able to rest more easily and that put my heart at ease of
        course. I don’t think any parent wants to see their child sick or suffering.

A few weeks later she tried to con me into giving her more of the children’s medicine insisting that she was sick. I could tell that it must not be bad tasting at all if she asks for it. I could never get her to take any type of medicine in the past without going through hoops. I thing this was a pretty genius invention for kids. I recommend that all parents who have children that hate taking medicine use these meltaways. Just keep them put up, because the kids may love them too much, like my daughter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2627091277590230/k2311a0927/9.27.10