University Medical Center of El Paso  » Health  »
1.0
4815 Alameda El Paso, TX 79925
  • I slept for two days straight before I decided to head to the hospital
  • Another thing that I notice is that the security was very laxed
  • I only recommend that people who want to be treated badly go to this hospital

• by adrean_j

I was having some sever symptoms that were bothering me for days. I felt the worse I had ever felt out of the blue. I had sporadic chills, sporadic sweats, fever, and sever abdominal and back pain. I also had some serious fatigue. I slept for two days straight before I decided to head to the hospital. I went to the University Medical Center previously known as Thomason hospital. I felt horrible and dizzy and when I got there, I only felt worse. When I walked in and signed in there were absolutely no seats in the lobby waiting area. I saw so many people standing around. I was in horrible pain and had to stand for a while. I went to the back after about 15 minutes where they took my vitals and

the nurse briefed me. They told me that I had a fever and needed to take some ibuprofen. I explained how bad I felt and the nurse told me to sit in the lobby. I told her I wish I could just lye down because I was in so much pain and she told me sorry and to come back and let someone know if I was in more pain.

I had to wait in the lobby until they were finished running my urine and blood sample. After taking that Ibuprofen, I started to feel horribly nauseas. They did not think about the fact that I had not eaten all day. My stomach was cringing horribly and I felt like I was going to faint. I then told them that I was feeling worse and ...

• they did nothing at all. I waited in the lobby agonizingly hour after hour. After almost 6 hours I just decided to ho home. If you are looking for quick attention stay away from University Medical center of El Paso. The waiting room was way too small to hold as many patients and guests as they had. The lobby was a complete mess with cans, wrappers, spilled drinks and all kinds of other trash. I saw the janitor come out one time, but what she did dint’ even help. The staff was not very friendly or warm and seemed almost cold.

I attempted to smile at a few of the nurse and the receptionist and eve the phlebotomist. They all looked at me crazy and made me feel stupid. Besides that, the parking lot

is very far from the ER. Most hospitals have ER parking, bur I had to walk an equivalency of tow blocks to get there. Another thing that I notice is that the security was very laxed. I saw at least five people make the metal detector go off and they were not even checked any further. That is not very safe. The only good thing is the vending machine and cool air that was constantly flowing. I personally never plan to go to this hospital again. It was the most horrid experience. I only recommend that people who want to be treated badly go to this hospital. I have also been to the University Medical Center in San Antonio, TX and it was nowhere near as bad. This hospital had more patients leaving angrily than being treated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427091277450130/k2311a0927/9.27.10