Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburger Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
1.0
9516 Dyer St. El Paso, TX 79924
  • I like having a good burger for a good price
  • Unfortunately, they have been going downhill for the longest
  • The patty was so thin, I thought I could see through it
  • Anything good is going to cost 2 dollars or more

• by adrean_j

I like having a good burger for a good price. That is why I used to enjoy going to Wendy’s Old Fashioned hamburger shop. Unfortunately, they have been going downhill for the longest. I recently vowed to never go to this restaurant again, because of the staff, service, and food. A restaurant is supposed to engage customers to return. They are supposed to offer something that the people want. Well Wendy’s doesn’t know how to do that at all. First of all the staff seem to be nice on occasion, but most of the time the people are rude. They look at you blankly, no smiles or greeting. They also throw people’s change on the counter which I have always hated. I mean can’t you hand me the money as I handed you the money. They also take forever on peoples order. This restaurant

is supposed be known for quick service, but sometimes it is more like snail service. I don’t want to wait 15 minutes for a couple of hamburgers. If I wanted to wait, I would go to a nice restaurant.

I used to deal with the bad service because they had good deals. You could get a hearty burger, some fries and a drink for only 3 dollars. Now everything I get is small shriveled up. I ordered the basic Wendy’s bacon cheeseburger and it was a joke. The patty was so thin, I thought I could see through it. Then the meat had no flavor at all and the bread seemed to be old. Then the fries here are the worse anywhere. They have absolutely no flavor and they act like they are afraid to use a little salt. I’ve been saying this for ...

• years. They used to have an extensive dollar menu, but that is completely gone. Anything good is going to cost 2 dollars or more. The last time I went into this establishment, I ordered a baked potato. The baked potato looked like it had been sitting there all day. It was extra shriveled and the inside was a little mushy. I still decided to eat it, but just wanted some extra sour cream. Instead of giving it to me they had the nerve to try to charge me for it.

It was so stupid. Then I hate the fact that in order to get a refill, you have to go back up to the counter and ask for one. Are they not advanced enough to have the fountain drink machine in the lobby.

Now besides that, the establishment just looks horrible. The parking lot

is very small and sometimes can become congested. Then the bathrooms at this location is almost always horrendous. The smell can really take over your nose. I can’t even use the restroom in this establishment at all. I’m scared to step on some old urine or something. Now I won’t say that all of the food is horrible. If you want to pay 10 dollars for a burger meal, you can come out with something decent, like a huge double or triple meat bacon burger. I’ve never been the one to spend that much at a burger joint unless I was just extremely hungry. The dining room is usually empty in this place with a few people sitting here and there, but I guess this is because everyone knows how bad this restaurant really is. I warn people to not waste their time on Wendy’s old Fashioned hamburgers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 727091277390130/k2311a0927/9.27.10