Equate Super Plus Absorbency Tampons  » Health  »
  • These are really good tampons for a fraction of the cost of the major brands like Always and Kotex
  • The only problem with a paper wrapper is the disposal of the applicator
  • I like these tampons because they work good on heavy days and excellent on regular days

• by adrean_j

I don’t like to spend an arm and a leg for feminine products. That is why I try to stay away from name brands as much as possible. One tampon that I used for years was the Equate brand super plus absorbency tampons. These are really good tampons for a fraction of the cost of the major brands like Always and Kotex. I pay no more than 2 dollars for a box of twenty and that is the cost for the month. I never need more than twenty. The tampons are wrapped in a construction paper like wrapping. This is good when you go to the restroom. There is no loud rustling involved and I

don’t have to advertise my business to the world. The paper is easy to tear through and easy to use when it is time to dispose of the tampon applicator. The only problem with a paper wrapper is the disposal of the applicator. The applicator may have some blood on it and that goes right through the paper unlike the plastic wrappers. So it is really important not to make a mess with this.

The applicator is made of biodegradable cardboard. This is good for people who rather flush there applicator, but I rather not risk ruining my toilet even trying. I always throw them in the trash. The applicator is a little frustrating on ...

• some occasions. There are these little posi lock punches made for your fingers to grab. For the most part I can get an easy grasp on these. After grasping the insertion and application is pretty darn simple and not much different from any other tampon on the market. On occasion, maybe once every few months the posi punch is not done correctly and this leaves no grip for the tampon. This can be a real nuisance an cause problems for applying the tampon. It sometimes ends up just falling apart do to the struggle.

These Equate Super Plus tampons are adequately absorbent and I can’t really complain. I have always been very active and they hold

me even on my busiest days. Sometimes there is a little leakage, though the tampon is not full. I wear a panty liner any time I wear a tampon anyway in fear of an accident so that doesn’t bother me as much as it should. I can wear one of these tampons for up to 3 hours on my heaviest days. I can wear them about an hour more on my regular days. I like these tampons because they work good on heavy days and excellent on regular days. Though I don’t really use this brand anymore I have been recently been thinking about switching back. These tampons are comfortable and can be appreciated by any woman.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427091277280130/k2311a0927/9.27.10