Dollar Tree Lemongrass Grapefruit Scented Body Wash  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I like to try different ones because I am always in search of the next best thing for me and my family
  • I think this soap is pretty pointless and I don’t plan on using it again
  • Anyone looking for a nourishing soap that doesn’t dry you out should definitely stay away from this product

• by adrean_j

Body wash or soap is very important. It is essential to each and every day. My family and I go through so many different soaps it is ridiculous. We try a new soap almost every week, but on occasion will purchase a soap that we know we really like. I like to try different ones because I am always in search of the next best thing for me and my family. I recently saw a pretty large bottle of body was for only a dollar at the dollar store. It was 18 oz, which usually lasts us a week. I purchased the Lemongrass Grapefruit body wash from dollar tree. I’d never tried anything with this scent and was kind of excited to try something new. The

bottle looked very generic, which almost turned me away, but I will try anything once. I could see the lightly yellow colored soap through the clear bottle. The lid was a flip cap lid, that can easily be broken off, but that is neither here nor there for me.

I took the body wash into the bathroom to take my shower. I poured the wash into my washcloth and realized that this was a very cheaply made soap. I could see it not pouring out smoothly, but coming out in clumps kind of like a gel. It wasn’t the first time I’ve seen this with a soap and absolutely hate these types of soap. After pouring quite a bit into my washcloth it didn’t lather very ...

• well at all I ended up topping it off with not one more squirt but two. After pouring an ample amount of soap in the cloth it finally started to lather. The lather had no substance and the soap seemed like it was struggling to get soapy. I used quite a bit through my whole shower just to feel clean. It was really quite annoying that this soap only lathered on my body sponge. Then the lather was still dull and had no substance. I was able to finish up my shower, not really enjoying the lemongrass grapefruit scent. I liked the grapefruit under tone that would faintly cross my nose, but the whole scent didn’t really work.

Thankfully the scent of this cheaply made soap

didn’t last very long, because I really didn’t want it following me through the day. After using this soap my skin was dry and wasn’t nourished at all. I think this soap is pretty pointless and I don’t plan on using it again. The bottle didn’t last very long and was finished in less than a week. Using it on my daughter was kind of funny, because she thought the soap just stank and wasn’t afraid to say what was the funny smell. I don’t think that this soap will be any good for anybody. I have found way more products for a dollar that work much better. Anyone looking for a nourishing soap that doesn’t dry you out should definitely stay away from this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127091277200130/k2311a0927/9.27.10