Manila Ocean Park, Manila Philippines  » Leisure  »
Quirino Grandstand, One Rizal Park, Luneta Manila 1308, Philippines
  • It was the best option I have in mind since she's very appreciative with animals and sea creatures
  • So I decided to bring her there instead with all hopes that she'll have a wonderful time and it would be a perfect day for us
  • We expected to experience what we see on television such as the mermaids and sea lions
  • Unfortunately, to our dismay we didn't see one when we had the tour
  • Nevertheless, my daughter enjoyed everything she saw and always had her own story for every aquarium we pass by

• by kheldy

It was my daughter’s 3rd birthday and I really wanted to make it special for her. We didn’t get to have a party last year because a day before her birthday last year, she was released from the hospital on IV for two days. I was working hard to have a birthday party but ended up with Manila Ocean Park instead. It was the best option I have in mind since she’s very appreciative with animals and sea creatures. So I decided to bring her there instead with all hopes that she’ll have a wonderful time and it would be a

perfect day for us.

We expected to experience what we see on television such as the mermaids and sea lions. Unfortunately, to our dismay we didn’t see one when we had the tour. It’s probably part of a promo or a special package but none was informed to the public or it wasn’t mentioned on any ads. Nevertheless, my daughter enjoyed everything she saw and always had her own story for every aquarium we pass by.

It could have been a perfect day except for one thing. As we left to go home, we had a hard time getting a cab not ...

• because none was available but because of, I would say “discrimination”. The guards couldn’t do anything, have no control over it, or just don’t want to do anything about it. We went there on a cab because our car was part of the coding scheme of MMDA. All the cab going in the park would cater for foreigners only, those coming out of the hotel. I got frustrated because it was getting dark and about to rain and we didn’t bring any umbrella since I expected that the park itself has rules of how to protect their visitor and make every
        visit memorable till they exit the gate. I remember one of the guards said that it’s not their job anymore. I hope they can follow some reputable malls that have this policy of banning a cab if they chose passengers. After 15 minutes or so of waiting, we walked outside for a chance to get a ride. I, therefore, wouldn’t suggest Filipino families to go to the park without their own ride. For families who are trying to save for months to bring their family there for an experience, I would suggest to make an extra saving to hire a ride for your own convenience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6127091277070130/k2311a0927/9.27.10