Apple iPod Shuffle 2nd Generation 2GB  » Electronics  »
  • I like to listen to music and audio on-the-go
  • The music quality is great and I know what song I'm listening to because of the voice over button

• by MisterTickle

I’ve had many iPods, especially iPod Shuffles. I don’t have iPods for video watching or playing games. I like to listen to music and audio on-the-go. I take the bus everywhere I go so I like to keep occupied. This iPod Shuffle is fairly decent. Apple has upgraded the storage capacity. The previous Shuffle was only 1GB and now it’s 2.

I appreciate this bigger storage capacity. This iPod shuffle is surprisingly small. It is in the shape of a square with a clip at the back. The navigation didn’t change much. There is still the play/stop, forward, reverse, volume up, and volume down button. On top of that, there is

a hold/ on/ off switch.

The only thing this iPod can do is music playback. There is not screen so watching videos isn’t an option and it has now FM Radio signals so radio isn’t an option. The music quality is great and I know what song I’m listening to because of the voice over button. The iPod can now tell me what song I’m at. I found that this is great for a!

udio books. The iPod can tell me what “chapter” I’m on, and I can make a note of it.

The biggest improvement seen on this iPod is the file formats it accepts. This iPod accepts a lot ...

• more file formats than the previous generation. It accepts . mp3, . wav, aac, alac, and aiff formats. Other than .

mp3 and . wav formats, the other formats are useless. It would be great if this iPod Shuffle 2nd Generation can playback . wma files. Currently, it isn’t possible. This requires me to convert the file format to .

mp3 via iTunes. It will take longer for me to put the songs in the iPod. If the iPod accepts . wma, it would be so much faster. The battery life is nothing you have to worry about. It can last roughly three to four hours.

Compared to this small device, that is a long time. I got

it from Best Buy. I looked at the product specifications and it said that playback is 15 hours. This is NOT TRUE! The maximum number of hours I got out of this device was six, but most of the time is three to f!

our. The price is reasonable, storage capacity is great, accepts a decent number of file formats, and good playback hours. I have to say that this is real worth it.

The drawback of this device is not accepting . wma files. It is such a pain to have to wait longer for putting . wma files in the iPod through iTunes. Other than that, I have had no problems whatsoever with this iPod.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1627091277040130/k2311a0927/9.27.10