Sundown Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc formula  » Health  »
  • I thought it was worth a try but had become disheartened after nothing had worked so far
  • I decided to continue taking the tablets, and if the symptoms came back, I would know it was truly coincidental

• by reviewabit

I have always been interested in alternative medicine. When I started having heart palpitations in the form of extra hard beats and slight breathlessness, I first went to my regular doctor, who ran tests but could find no reason for them and pronounced them “benign. ” They were not so benign to me though, so I continued to look for answers as to what went wrong. I tried several different ideas.

First I eliminated artificial sweeteners and caffiene, but this didn’t help. Finally I read ab article online about magnesium supplementation helping palpitation patients. A lack of magnesium in the body affects nerve function which affects muscles and heart rhythm.

It told me

to get a magnesium supplement that included calcium, as apparently the two work together to balance the health. I thought it was worth a try but had become disheartened after nothing had worked so far. I found a calcium, magnesium and zinc supplement at the grocery store which was very inexpensive so I thought I’d start with that.

It was made by Sundown, and it stated that it was a high potency formula, but a serving was three tablets– so with that consideration it was a little more expensive than I first thought. I had been having a solid run of symptoms for a few weeks. Within three days of taking this supplement,

• my palpitations were noticeably reduced.

I didn’t know if it was a “fluke” or not, since the palpitations had a tendency to come and go on their own anyway. I decided to continue taking the tablets, and if the symptoms came back, I would know it was truly coincidental. This was over two months ago.

I have only had one very brief bout of palpitations since starting the supplement. Obviously, my doctor did not think to mention a magnesium deficiency. Since beginning my new regimen, I have done some reading on magnesium and calcium and have found that not only can a deficiency cause palpitations, but also nerve problems.

I have had minor neuropathy

symptoms for years with no explanation found. I also now know that magnesium helps with blood sugar management so it will help me with my diabetes control. I’ve been told that Sundown brand is probably not the highest quality supplement out there, and I should try another.

But if it’s not broken, I see no point in fixing it. Obviously it is having a beneficial effect, whatever its quality may be. Personally, given my dramatic response, I have no qualms at all about recommending this product and the company who makes it.

If you have palpitations and no cause is found or nothing else works, give this a try–it can’t hurt and it might work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424091276170430/k2311a0924/9.24.10