Futurama TV Episode: Lethal Inspection  » TV  »
2.5
  • As I mentioned before, I finally got a chance to watch some newer episodes of the show Futurama last night and, while I was impressed with the first one I watched (The Duh-Vinci Code), the one I enjoyed even more was the one entitled Lethal Inspection
  • I love some of the scenes in this episode, which range from the giant cubicle cube to that exciting chase scene on a speeding train

• by Review Vigilante

As I mentioned before, I finally got a chance to watch some newer episodes of the show Futurama last night and, while I was impressed with the first one I watched (The Duh-Vinci Code), the one I enjoyed even more was the one entitled Lethal Inspection. The thing I liked about this episode is it didn’t focus on characters like Fry and Leela.

Instead, the focus was solely on Bender and someone who stands in the

background most of the time, Hermes.

The basic plot of this episode is Bender learns that he was built without the back up unit that he thought would make him immortal (because he could transfer his data to a new body if his current body was destroyed).

Because of this, he goes on a manhunt to find Inspector #5; the inspector who passed him right off the assembly line despite his defect.

And, because he needs ...

• a bureaucrat to chase one, he drafts Hermes to help him.

I love some of the scenes in this episode, which range from the giant cubicle cube to that exciting chase scene on a speeding train.

From start to finish, it was one of those episodes that leave you wondering what will happen next and how it will end.

The part I liked the most was the revelation that Hermes was Inspector #5 (shown in a

series of scenes at the end, including how he hid his identity from Bender) and he passed Bender off the assembly line despite knowing about the defect because he didn’t have the heart to throw him in the scrap heap.

It was actually a pretty touching explanation that was unexpected from a comedy like this.

If you haven’t seen this episode, take the time to watch it the next time it is on TV and you have time.

It is definitely worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1024091276070430/k2311a0924/9.24.10