Equate brand Acetaminophen Painkiller  » Medicine  »
  • For the time it took them to start working, I noticed they were effective just as quickly as Tylenol
  • If anyone is suffering unbearably strong pain that any other ordinary painkiller cannot handle, I would not recommend Equate's acetaminophen pills
  • I would definitely suggest that one invest in these pills to keep handy for any emergencies

• by blunderkind

Equate is a store-brand typically associated with medical care items from Wal-Mart; in this case, the Equate medicine is a generic acetaminophen pill similar to Tylenol, but much lower in price. I was able to get 100 of the Equate pills for less than a 24 pack of Tylenol.

As an acetaminophen-based painkiller, Equate’s pills also are supposed to reduce fevers and provide generic relief from headaches, mild joint pain, and other mild issues with pain. Since I am prone to headaches, I had bought the large bottle in the hopes that

it would last me a while and provide some relief when I was working with a headache.

Like almost all non-coated pills, the Equate pills are powdery and bitter. These do not have the candy-like shell that make them taste less strong and easier to swallow, but they were still easy enough to get down with a little bit of water. For the time it took them to start working, I noticed they were effective just as quickly as Tylenol. With a very strong headache, I started feeling some relief ...

• in about thirty minutes. The headache did not completely go away, but the worst of the pain was taken away, and the discomfort left behind was bearable. The Equate medicine seemed only slightly less effective than Tylenol each time I took it, not enough to make me stop using it in favor of a more expensive brand of acetaminophen.

Whenever I have had to take Equate’s acetaminophen pills, I have never had any side effects. While some pain and fever reducing medicines give me a stomachache or make me feel

dizzy, these were easy for my body to process, saving me any extra suffering after the initial pain. Overall, these were almost identical to the Tylenol they were made to mimic, with the obvious exception of price. If anyone is suffering unbearably strong pain that any other ordinary painkiller cannot handle, I would not recommend Equate’s acetaminophen pills. But for anyone with minor headaches, fevers, or other tolerable but annoying pain, these are an economical solution. I would definitely suggest that one invest in these pills to keep handy for any emergencies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2624091275960430/k2311a0924/9.24.10