Kansas City Veterinary Care  » Pets  »
7240 Wornall Road Kansas City, MO 64114
  • Unfortunately, the little canary was too far gone and didn't make it
  • I did not take my dogs to this clinic for the sole reason that I already had a wonderful dog vet and the clinic was 40 minutes from my home, but it was very busy with dogs and cats, and if I had been closer I definitely would have
  • But for small pets and exotics, I highly recommend them, especially if you have a bird or pocket pet

• by eveliens

I have a lot of small pocket pets and exotics as a side effect of working at a petstore. So when my regular small animal vet moved to Pheonix I was a bit at a loss. Small animal vets are not very common because they require a lot of specialization and extra knowledge. After sniffing around a little, I was recommended Kansas City Veterinary Care by an ex-coworker.

Feeling better prepared, I filed the number and address away for when I needed it and went on. I figured with 9 rats and 4

mice and 1 lizard, I would need a vet at some point. To my surprise, I ended up making my first visit over a very sick canary.

Dr. Exline was very professional and knowledgeable. He made every attempt to keep the little canary from stressing too badly (birds can die from stress alone). He prescribed antibiotics and the clinic had a neutralizer for rent (you cannot give tiny birds pills or injections, so the bird needed to breathe in the antibiotics). Unfortunately, the little canary was too far gone and didn’t make it.

• Even so, the clinic refunded my neutralizer rent money and the money for the antibiotics. When I came in to return it the office staff gave their sympathies. We were all rooting for the little guy.

After this first encounter, I was very confident in taking my personal pets in, which I had to for a few of my rats. Each time I was treated with consideration and my animals were handled with care. All of the prices were reasonable.

I chatted a bit with some co-workers who had similar experiences with their

turtle and parrotlet and rats. For the turtle and rats, there was surgery involved, and all parties came out fine. That’s pretty tricky for exotics.

I did not take my dogs to this clinic for the sole reason that I already had a wonderful dog vet and the clinic was 40 minutes from my home, but it was very busy with dogs and cats, and if I had been closer I definitely would have. But for small pets and exotics, I highly recommend them, especially if you have a bird or pocket pet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2924091275910430/k2311a0924/9.24.10