ULTA Loose Mineral Eyeshadow
  • After playing around with it I learned a pretty good technique to prevent it from getting all over my face
  • I like to line it with eyeliner along my lashes and compliment it with a lighter than black mascara

• by Slappy

One of my new favorite cosmetics is the ULTA mineral eyeshadow in just about any color. I have never used mineral eyeshadow prior to this purchase as I’ve always been a pressed powder kind of girl but this eyeshadow is pretty cool once I got used to it.

I don’t know if this is true for all pressed powders but I find it to be a very precise technique in order to apply it. Even when I’m being

super careful, it manages to glisten up my entire face. Mineral shadows are not pressed and therefore are very loose so no matter how careful I am, I foresee it flaking on my face while applying. I personally use a MAC brush to apply it as it seems to go on the nicest that way. After playing around with it I learned a pretty good technique to prevent it from getting all over my face.

• I simply take a tissue and hold it on my cheek under my lower eye lid. This way when I apply the loose powder, it only flakes onto the tissue. When I remove the tissue, only my eyelid is covered with the powder.

The colors are very light but rich. They feel light on my eyes as well. They have a very pretty shimmer to them but not so shimmery that I look like

my makeup is overdone. I only need one coat because if I put more than one on, it doesn’t make it any darker and then it just looks too shimmery. I like to line it with eyeliner along my lashes and compliment it with a lighter than black mascara. It’s perfect for casual wear and the more vivid colors are great for night wear. Once you get used to how to apply this eyeshadow, it’s really works well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124091275750430/k2311a0924/9.24.10