Magic Bullet Express  » Housewares  »
  • When we opened the little blender, the first thing I noticed was that almost everything was cheaply made and plastic
  • I felt sorry that my partner was so disappointed in the item, but I explained that we already had all the equipment we needed to do all the same things the not-so-magic Bullet could (supposedly) do
  • And, the three of them together cost less than this made for tv scam blender– and they were better made and weren’t likely to just fall apart the first time you used them

• by reviewabit

After listening to my partner rave on and on over the infomercial that played on late night television, I caved in and agreed that we could get the “Magic Bullet. ” I am always a bit suspicious of as-seen-on-tv products, and this one proved my point. The Magic Bullet is a miniature blender system that comes with tons of attachments and gadgets and is supposed to be able to make anything in record time.

Watching the infomercial and reading the descriptions on web sites convinced me that this was nothing but an overblown blender and I could make any of these magical recipes with the ten year old blender I already had a home, or my food processor, and they would taste identical. But it had

so many extra features– easy to clean, single servings, etc.

We found the item in a Bed Bath and Beyond store because I refused to order it from tv. I wanted an easy way to return it if I was not happy with it.

It’s a good thing I did that!

When we opened the little blender, the first thing I noticed was that almost everything was cheaply made and plastic. All the little plastic parts, which would probably break and we would never be able to replace, annoyed me instantly.

It looked as if it was made strictly for smaller amounts, and I did not see myself using it for cooking unless I was just making an 8 oz or less recipe– which ...

• is rare. There were so many parts.

To be a product that was supposed to simplify our lives, it was awfully complicated. But here is the straw that broke the camel’s back.

The first time we used it, it broke. The plastic dome cracked at its base and could no longer be used.

I did get to hear it long enough to decide that the little mini-motor in here did not pack much of a punch and I was far better off with my blender– which I payed about 80% less for. It was hard to get all the useless, unnecessary plastic gadgets and parts back into the box so we could return it.

I felt sorry that my partner was

so disappointed in the item, but I explained that we already had all the equipment we needed to do all the same things the not-so-magic Bullet could (supposedly) do. My food processor, blender, and stick blender could outdo it by miles.

And, the three of them together cost less than this made for tv scam blender– and they were better made and weren’t likely to just fall apart the first time you used them. We developed a pet name for the “Magic Bullet” that involved bovine matters and I tell anyone who seems the least bit interested in it to save their time and money and buy a stick blender at Walmart for ten bucks.

These last much longer and have more practical uses. I really hate cheap, gimmicky products.

Magic Bullet Express

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323091275651230/k2311a0923/9.23.10