Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus  » Housewares  »
  • It is definitely one of the most used kitchen appliances that I have and I'm not sure I could live without it
  • These are all just some of the reasons I love this product
  • Now, the only thing I don't like about this product is that you cannot just press the button and it will run itself
  • I found that once I owned this, I pretty much stopped using my cutting boards to chop things by hand
  • I highly recommend this to anyone, especially those who cook for four people or less on a regular basis

• by mjcnv36

I have been using kitchen products from Cuisinart for years, and I have to say that I absolutely love my Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus. It is definitely one of the most used kitchen appliances that I have and I’m not sure I could live without it. I do also own a full size food processor, but it is so large that it is not always practically for a small job, such as chopping one onion for a dish. And it takes up more room and has more accessories and is more work to clean. So, when I got my Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus, it was very exciting. This product is pretty much a miniature sized food processor, that is smaller than an electric can opener, comes with just one blade instead

of a plethera of accessories, is compact in design and stores easily in a kitchen cabinet. These are all just some of the reasons I love this product. I also love that each piece of it can easily fit in my dishwasher for thorough and easy cleaning. What is so wonderful about this mini food processor is that it is versatile and is perfect for fixing small amounts of food needed for the average recipe. For example, when I am making homemade macaroni and cheese and I want to put buttered bread crumbs on top before baking, I make a piece of toast and then butter it, and place it inside the mini prep plus. Voila! At the touch of a button, it turns that piece of toast into perfect ...

• buttered crumbs.

Now, the only thing I don’t like about this product is that you cannot just press the button and it will run itself. When you press the button, you have to hold it down or pulse the button to make it go. And, there are only two settings, chop and grind. Basically, chop makes the blade go in one direction, and pressing grind makes it go in the opposite direction. I tend to use both when I am preparing food in the mini prep plus to make sure things, such as onions, are thoroughly chopped and no large pieces remain behind.

I have been using this product for several years now and I cannot say enough nice things about it. I found that once I owned this, I pretty

much stopped using my cutting boards to chop things by hand. I find it is much more efficient to just take out my mini prep plus and chop foods super fast by just pressing a button. What a time saver! I have to say that the people at Cuisinart really outdid themselves on this one–this product is so practical it is ridiculous and I feel sorry for cooks who don’t own this. The best part is the price. My full size food processor was about one hundred dollars; this mini version was about thirty dollars. I highly recommend this to anyone, especially those who cook for four people or less on a regular basis. I’ve used this to make everything from salsa to chopping veggies to chopping walnuts for baking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323091275621230/k2311a0923/9.23.10