Aleve pain reliever
  • Instead, I decided to try Aleve for the pain, since a friend of mine swore by it
  • As for how long it lasted, I think the effects did last longer than the ibuprofen had, but not the dramatic length of time that I had been led to believe
  • My doctor recommended I stop them for a but to see if the problem got any better
  • I do recommend Aleve for anyone suffering arthritis or other kinds of pain

• by reviewabit

When I started to develop problems with arthritis in my back and hands, I avoided going to the doctor at first. Instead, I decided to try Aleve for the pain, since a friend of mine swore by it. I had been using ibuprofen, but the effects were not lasting very long and it was becoming necessary to take more and more of it.

I was told that Aleve would last for many hours and I would not have to keep popping pills constantly. I took the first dose when my back was actively hurting and within a few hours I did feel

much better.

As for how long it lasted, I think the effects did last longer than the ibuprofen had, but not the dramatic length of time that I had been led to believe. I was very concerned since around the time I started taking it, the news was full of stories about the dangers of NSAIDS affecting the heart.

I was focusing on that, and without thinking, didn’t notice that my chronic heartburn symptoms were getting worse. Before I knew it, I was in agony and had no idea why.

A few questions from my doctor revealed that it could be ...

• the Aleve. I had assumed that anti inflammatories didn’t affect my stomach since the ibuprofen had never really bothered me, and after all, I wasn’t taking nearly as many as the Aleve.

My doctor recommended I stop them for a but to see if the problem got any better. It did, almost immediately, but it was then that the arthritis symptoms that I had been blissfully free from for awhile, were back with a vengeance.

When my stomach calmed down, I convinced myself it was a fluke, and went back on the Aleve. It worked dependably… but the heartburn returned.

I

just couldn’t seem to win here!

Eventually I ended up treating my arthritis holistically, and I only use NSAIDS when I have really bad problems with it. I am a little scared of the Aleve now because of the gastric effects, so when I do take it, it’s an isolated dose.

This seems to work pretty well and I am happy using the product in that way. I do recommend Aleve for anyone suffering arthritis or other kinds of pain.

It does work really well… and it does last longer. It will certainly do a number on your stomach though– so be careful!

Aleve pain reliever

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2623091275491230/k2311a0923/9.23.10