Quorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie  » Food  »
  • So, being a vegetarian, I opted for the Quorn Cottage Pie, I ate it tonight and I really enjoyed it
  • I make fantastic mashed potato and my only disappointment with this ready meal was that I think I could have made better mash for the top of it, as I will explain
  • I found this on the chilled shelves of Tesco and it comes in a 500g tray with cellophane along the top and in cardboard sleeve packaging
  • I would totally recommend this cottage pie

• by jeanne71

A few days ago I saw someone cook a cottage pie on ‘Come Dine With Me’ and I have been craving one ever since. So, being a vegetarian, I opted for the Quorn Cottage Pie, I ate it tonight and I really enjoyed it. My craving has been satisfied totally. I make fantastic mashed potato and my only disappointment with this ready meal was that I think I could have made better mash for the top of it, as I will explain. The ‘meat’ part of it, the

mincy bit with the carrots and peas, was beautiful to the taste.

I found this on the chilled shelves of Tesco and it comes in a 500g tray with cellophane along the top and in cardboard sleeve packaging. I cooked this in the microwave which was simplicity itself – for 8 minutes on full and then leave to stand for 1 minute – but it can be cooked in the oven too. It takes 40 minutes in the oven. I divided this 500g cottage pie into two portions and I ...

• had one portion tonight with a crusty roll and butter. This was enough to fill me up completely. My slight disappointment with the mash was because it was a bit firm rather than light and buttery and fluffy, which is how I would have made it. I still enjoyed it and the ‘mince effect’ part had a tasty gravy flavour to it and I enjoyed the peas and carrots that there with it. That part was perfect.

In case you did not know, Quorn, if I remember rightly, is

something that has been developed from the fungi family and it passes very well as meat. As a long-time vegetarian, I do not miss meat at all, but I do miss the kind of tasty meat meals I used to have and I would much prefer this Quorn one to a real mince beef cottage pie. Think of all the drugs that cattle are given, so an innocent mushroom-thingy that is Quorn will give you all the nutrients of meat without the bad bits. I would totally recommend this cottage pie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723091275321130/k2311a0923/9.23.10