Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse EX100 Combo
  • I wanted a full size mouse so I decided to purchase the Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse EX100 Combo
  • The problem was that the keyboard auto off didn't seem to work
  • I would recommend this product for desktop use

• by Dawn

I had actually been looking for a wireless mouse for my laptop computer and the only thing that I could find were very small mice. I wanted a full size mouse so I decided to purchase the Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse EX100 Combo. This would allow me to also connect the laptop to the television and work remotely without the laptop right next to me. I chose the Logitech keyboard and mouse because it was one of the lowest priced brands. I felt I didn’t need a more expensive brand for anything. I paid $29.24 for the set.

The keyboard and mouse both take batteries. Fortunately, the batteries come with

the keyboard and mouse. There were two AA batteries and two AAA batteries. I took the keyboard and mouse out of the box and put the batteries in them. It also comes with a USB RF Receiver which I put into the USB port on my laptop. I was then able to quickly use the mouse and keyboard on the laptop. The RF receiver picked up the mouse and keyboard very easily, even when it wasn’t in direct line with either one. I really liked that because the RF receiver often fell down towards the floor.

I liked the larger mouse for the laptop rather than the smaller mice that are ...

• usually made for laptop computers. I was used to the larger mouse for my desktop and it fit my hand well. I rarely used the keyboard though because it didn’t seem to work as well as the mouse did. The batteries would run down quickly because I would turn it off only to find it had turned back on because I bumped the keyboard. There is an auto shut off on both the mouse and keyboard, which came in handy for me because I often forgot to turn them off anyway. The problem was that the keyboard auto off didn’t seem to work. The mouse was a great addition to my
        laptop though.

I would probably not make the full purchase of a keyboard and mouse for my laptop again. I would hope to find a regular sized wireless mouse for the laptop instead. I didn’t use the keyboard often enough to warrant the purchase. The RF receiver eventually stopped working for some reason. It would no longer turn on and that rendered the entire set useless to me anyway. It lasted for about a year and I did get a lot of use from it. I would recommend this product for desktop use. As for laptop use, the keyboard really was unnecessary so I would not suggest this set purchase for a laptop computer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623091275161130/k2311a0923/9.23.10