Samsung LN19B360 HDTV  » Electronics  »
  • It's perfect for their wii games and puzzles games, but I would not recommend it to a huge gamer with fast paced action and high graphics quality games
  • In fact, not even for the graphics purposes but for the size in general I would definitely get a bigger TV for heavy duty gaming
  • I like how slim this TV is as it fits perfectly on my kitchen countertop
  • I love having it on in the morning or evening to listen to the news in the background while I'm cooking
  • I'm happy with my purchase overall as it does the job I need it to do

• by Slappy

A few months ago I purchased this television as a small kitchen TV. Needless to say, it is perfect for exactly that purpose. I find the picture to be very sharp, especially for a 19″ TV. However, like most small TV’s I’ve seen, the darker scenes of any program seem to lack contrast. Not that it’s blurry, it just doesn’t seem to have very well defined coloring. Other than the really dark scenes, the colors seem very vibrant and reasonably crisp.

Most smaller TV’s come in 720p rather than 1080p and that goes for this one as well. When I have my niece and nephew over and they

want to play games, I can set them up at the kitchen counter and they play away. It’s perfect for their wii games and puzzles games, but I would not recommend it to a huge gamer with fast paced action and high graphics quality games. In fact, not even for the graphics purposes but for the size in general I would definitely get a bigger TV for heavy duty gaming.

I like how slim this TV is as it fits perfectly on my kitchen countertop. I love having it on in the morning or evening to listen to the news in the background while I’m cooking. I’ve even noticed it ...

• to stay reasonably sharp for sports games as well. I’m not sitting there and staring at the TV through an entire sports game, but to have it on in the background for an occasional glance I notice the picture to look pretty sharp. Again, a big sports game is better watched on a bigger TV in 1080p though.

The sound quality for a room like my kitchen is perfect. No complaints there. However I definitely would not recommend this sound system for a larger room such as a living room or a room with cathedral ceilings because the sound will just not carry right.

There’s only one major complaint I have

for this TV if I were to use it somewhere other than the kitchen, such as in a bedroom. There is only one HDMI hookup. I feel as though all HDTVs should have at least two. For example, one for a game system and another for a high-def cable box. Again, not something that matters too much in the kitchen though.

I’m happy with my purchase overall as it does the job I need it to do. There is also a lot of other connectors and inputs, just not HDMI. I also really like the fact that it is energy star compliant - making a positive impact on the environment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623091274711030/k2311a0923/9.23.10