Puritan’s Pride N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) health supplement 600 mg  » Health  »
  • True enough, I noticed my physical endurance seemed to get better and I didn’t feel idle
  • Perhaps you can consider these capsules as beauty supplements, although, indirectly, since this type of antioxidant claims to boost the glutathione levels of the body which is known for its skin enhancing benefits
  • I know antioxidants are supposed to release toxins out of the body
  • I also had the same experience drinking lots of green tea before

• by jhunie

My mom is somewhat a health junkie and gave me this NAC supplement which stands for N-acetyl cysteine by Puritan’s Pride. I heard you could purchase the said dietary capsule for a buy one take 2 offer. I’ve been doing strength exercises to highlight the tone of my body. I was told this supplement would help me with my workout and prevent certain infections, accompanied with a healthier skin. True enough, I noticed my physical endurance seemed to get better and I didn’t feel idle. My stress levels are the same. But working out regularly, coupled with the intake of this vitamin, also make me sleep better at night.

Perhaps you can consider these capsules as beauty supplements, although, indirectly, since this type of antioxidant claims to boost the glutathione levels of the body which is known for its skin enhancing benefits. I’ve also read from a journal that NAC has anti-ageing properties. Antioxidants are known to be beneficial not just for beauty enhancements, but also in strengthening the body’s resistance, so its scope covers a lot of healthy possibilities. I guess it would

take bottles of this product and consistent patronage to see significant results. I don’t personally rely exceedingly on nutricosmetics kind of products – those ingested to improve external health and appearance of the body, though I’m one to believe some pills do work to totally get rid of acne. Externally, I don’t see any improvements right now on my skin. Other than the wonderful tone and development of my physical health especially my workout muscles, my complexion is the same and I still have a few insignificant areas of my body that need to be firmed up.

The pearly white capsules remind me of an ex-beauty supplement prescribed to me in the past by my resident dermatologist. The capsule is opaque. But I was surprised to find out – it’s partly gelatinous when I pored over the contents listed on the label. I suppose antioxidant dietary supplements that are dispensed over-the-counter generally look identical. The dietary supplement tastes bland. It doesn’t have a distinct taste. The elongated capsule shape is much longer compared to other drugs. It surely takes some water to swallow.

• Fortunately, the capsule doesn’t gag my throat. One capsule per day is the suggested dosage. I take it along my usual vitamin C supplement because I read that NAC works in synergy with this vitamin. I don’t note my stomach lurching or hurting, as long as I take it with meals.

On the contrary, it’s been almost 2 months of taking the pill and I have a few reservations about this product. Accompanying my body’s seemingly fast-paced metabolism is the humid feeling, I tend to sweat out often even in my room with airconditioning. I feel like I was taking a diet pill. It’s not overwhelming though. Yet, in most cases, breaking into sweats seemed like a normal thing especially when I do my exercise routine. It brings out the oiliness of my face. Every day, I get red blemishes sprouting out of my face. I know antioxidants are supposed to release toxins out of the body. So it could be a sensible reason why I have this bad skin going on. I also had the same experience drinking lots of green

tea before. It might be presumptuous to say the drug brought about this condition, but perhaps, that’s what my intuition tells me.

I’m looking forward to consuming the entire bottle. The tinted bottle contains 60 capsules which are good for 2 months. Once I’ve finished it, I’ll give the supplements a probationary period and see if my skin gets back to its normal breakout-free state without taking the capsules. Granted that happens, then my theory that the capsules may have altered my skin’s normal condition is possible. Otherwise, if it doesn’t – it indefinitely means I’m just getting through a bad phase. So then, I’ll probably buy it again. The ‘take 1 plus 2 for free’ promotion is a great deal at 20 dollars, my mom bought the supplements from a stockist who happens to be her doctor. Of course, you need permission from your friendly physician first before you jumpstart a NAC-enriched diet plan. I won’t regard this supplement as vital or something highly essential for your body. But at an unbelievably dirt-cheap expense, I guess it won’t hurt to give the supplement a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422091274470230/k2311a0922/9.22.10