Bissell Proheat 2x CleanShot Upright Deep Cleaner 9500  » Housewares  »
  • I thought it was a better idea to purchase a rug cleaner for my house rather than spend a lot of money on professional cleaners to come into my home to do the job
  • The cost was $299 which is a fair cost for a rug cleaner that I intended to use several times over the years
  • I found it a little bulky and heavy to move around easily
  • The cleaner, other than that did an amazing job on getting the carpets cleaned
  • I would recommend the Bissell Proheat for everyone who would rather clean their carpets themselves

• by Dawn

I thought it was a better idea to purchase a rug cleaner for my house rather than spend a lot of money on professional cleaners to come into my home to do the job. I went to Walmart and found the Bissell Proheat 2X CleanShot Upright Deep Cleaner 9500. The cost was $299 which is a fair cost for a rug cleaner that I intended to use several times over the years.

The Bissell Proheat was a little on the heavy side. It is about 37 1/2 pounds in weight. I found it a little bulky and heavy to move around easily. I added the water and cleaning solution to the machine and followed the instructions. It was a

bit confusing for me at first because you have to push one button for moving forward and another to go in reverse. It is very specific because when you are going backwards, you are sucking the soap and water back up through the hose. I could see the dirt mixed in with the water and soap when it came back into the tank which I liked. I didn’t feel as though I was doing all that work for nothing.

I was very careful to keep the Bissell in a straight line while working back and forth on the carpet. It turned out to be a good idea on my part because that meant the lines in the carpet matched rather ...

• than being helter skelter all over the carpet. Keeping the steamer in on direction rather than crossing all over the place just looked nicer. Even though the steamer is supposed to also dry the carpet while you are working, I found that my carpet was still a bit damp after finishing the job. I did leave it to dry for about three hours. That seemed to be long enough.

I will note that I didn’t much like using the steam cleaner on the stairs. Even though the cleaner came with a hose and attachment for stairs, it is hard to manipulate the cleaner on the stairs once you reach a higher point on the stairs than the hose will

go. The cleaner, other than that did an amazing job on getting the carpets cleaned. My carpets were fairly dirty because we have a dog and the dog tracked in all kinds of dirt all the time. It was nice to remember that the carpets were actually a light tan color. I didn’t realize how dirty the carpets were until I used the Bissell Proheat.

I would recommend the Bissell Proheat for everyone who would rather clean their carpets themselves. The cleaner did a fantastic job and I have used it many times since. It was well worth the money spent. I would purchase the product again with the hopes that it could somehow be made to be slightly less heavy and bulky.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321091273680430/k2311a0921/9.21.10