iPod Touch refurbished, 3rd generation 32 gigabytes  » Electronics  »
  • The iPod itself works very nicely, it rarely freezes, and the only bad thing I've noticed was that when charging via the wall charger, the touchscreen gets very funky

• by DrSeungilius

Recently, I received a refurbished 3rd generation, 32-gigabyte iPod Touch from Apple.com. I was looking for an iPod that’s cheap and has relatively larger memory, since my older 8-gig iPod was running out of memory.

For those who are not aware of what refurbished iPods are, they are iPods returned to Apple, fixed, and equipped with brand-new batteries and outer shells.

When I received the iPod, it was in a small package, around 8-9 inches. Once I ripped open the cardboard box, a white box, with the word iPod stuck in front of it, was visible. I took it out, opened it, and the ipod was in some sort of a

shrink-wrap attached to a piece of white cardboard.

So I gently pulled it out (the cardboard has flaps on the back, all you have to do is pull them open and the shrink wrap will loosen), and it won’t turn on! So I decided to charge it for a while. Normally, iPod Touches come pre-charged with a little bit of battery so it directs you to plug it into your iTunes, blah, blah, blah. I had to charge it for around ten to fifteen minutes to get it woken up.

After I connected it up to iTunes, installed whatever was needed, and finished, I started looking at the details. My first impression ...

• was “Woah, this thing doesn’t even have a single scratch!” It looked brand-new, worked like brand-new, and all the accesories that came with the iPod were brand-new.

32-and-64-gigabyte iPods come with earbuds that have remotes, so if the music volume is too loud or too low, you can easily reach up to the remote and click until desired volume is reached. Other accesories included a dock adapter (the white plastic thing that fits onto the bottom of your iPod, absolutely useless unless you have iHome), a usb-connector, instruction papers and Apple stickers.

The iPod itself works very nicely, it rarely freezes, and the only bad thing I’ve noticed was that when charging

via the wall charger, the touchscreen gets very funky. There’s nothing wrong with the display, but when I try to type, the aim gets off and I end up typing jibberish. This does not happen when using the usb-connector to charge it.

So if you’re looking for a cheap iPod, buy refurbished iPods from Apple. They’re Apple-certified and comes under a 1-year guarantee, so you’re safe as long as you don’t do anything stupid like dipping it in water. From my knowledge, most ship from China, and my iPod took five days to arrive. The shipping route was from China to Hong Kong, to Alaska to where I live, which is Pennsylvania.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621091273370430/k2311a0921/9.21.10